• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

When SWOs fly...the PSW story

Morgan81

It's not my lawn. It's OUR lawn.
pilot
Contributor
Since PSW has no problem doing the reading, it seems that they wouldn't be good videos to boost her comprehension/understanding of the subject?
I used the Kings' Cessna course for my PPL. They are aggravating with all the corny jokes but overall, they get the point across fairly well. I have heard that the Sporty's courses are equally good, but a little dryer. Like I said the Kings' "comedic" efforts get on your nerves but it didn't put me to sleep either.

phrogpilot73

PSW passed the FAA Written with a 90% today, so next step is the flight training. I think we're going to get her in a T-41C (172 with 210 hp motor), since she gets along really well with her ground school instructor. That means that I'll keep flying the 152 so we don't go broke!!

jollygreen07

Professional (?) Flight Instructor
pilot
Contributor
Autopilot not required.... just a steady hand. Ahh.... great memories of my first time ever at the controls while dating a pilot babe....

It's what made me want to get wings myself!!!

Annnd... Awesome. :D

There's gotta be something in the FAR's about that... Excessive distraction, maybe?

mb1k

Yep. The clock says, "MAN TIME".
pilot
None
2. I bet you two are going to plan all of your x-countries at 6000 feet.:D Too bad the mighty 152 does not have an autopilot.

I've always wondered... to qualify, does it have to be AGL or MSL?

phrogpilot73

Notam aw/01

Be advised that PSW will be having her first lesson today, 19 October from 3pm - 6pm. I'm curious to see how she likes slipping the surly bonds when she's at the controls...

Edit - disregard. Her instructor just called, it's too windy...

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
Be advised that PSW will be having her first lesson today, 19 October from 3pm - 6pm. I'm curious to see how she likes slipping the surly bonds when she's at the controls...

Edit - disregard. Her instructor just called, it's too windy...

Isn't she supposed to go in, wait the requisite two to three hours and then be told that it's too windy?

Junkball

"I believe in ammunition"
pilot
[FONT=Monospace,Courier]KFME 191709Z AUTO 07008KT 010V110 10SM CLR 14/M02 A3037 RMK AO1

Yikes!
[/FONT]

Junkball

"I believe in ammunition"
pilot
Isn't she supposed to go in, wait the requisite two to three hours and then be told that it's too windy?

I thought those were standard pre-solo lesson, like Lessons 9-13.

-Bitter poor college student forced to drive 60 miles/lesson

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Am I only one that finds it amusing that the SWO can't launch due to winds being out of limits? Maybe another 10 minutes on the Moboard will help...

phrogpilot73

[FONT=Monospace,Courier]KFME 191709Z AUTO 07008KT 010V110 10SM CLR 14/M02 A3037 RMK AO1

Yikes!
[/FONT]
Umm, I'd look at a bit more than just FME - after all, it's in a punchbowl. Check out BWI - just 7 miles north:

KBWI 191854Z 05009G19KT 10SM FEW120 SCT200 14/M03 A3033 RMK AO2 SLP270 T01391028

Easton doesn't look great either. It's her first flight, I doubt he wants to take her up at the outer edge of the limits.