• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

When SWOs fly...the PSW story

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
ummm what?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freaks

phrogpilot73

At least let the poor woman train in something sexy...like a 172...or a Cherokee. Smileys in effect.

I can barely fit my tall ass in a 150/2
No Cherokees at the club. They have 152's, a 172, T-41's (172 with 200 hp), and a Piper Archer. We're going with the 152 for now to save money (in order of wet cost it goes Archer, 172, T-41s, 152s).

After we get her PPL, we're going to get checked out in the T-41 for x-countrys. Until then, it's just too pricey. Luckily, I'm 5'7" and she's 5'3" so height in the 152 is not a big deal.

phrogpilot73

You haven't lived until you've subjected yourself to 4 hours of a John and Martha King instructional video. Seriously, I got Dive Bomber for Christmas, my sons and I have watched twice already. Where else can you see a flight of 20 Vultee dive bombers fly over base ops at North Island at 150'?
[THREADJACK]
How are they? PSW is in ground school right now, and I wouldn't say she's struggling, but there are times that she has trouble finding the "I believe" button. I was thinking about getting her some of the King videos to help...
[/THREADJACK]

Stearmann4

I'm here for the Jeeehawd!
None
The Kings' have no business being on video, but they are very skilled at spoon feeding the information those that can't (or won't) read any of the accepted publications.

phrogpilot73

The Kings' have no business being on video, but they are very skilled at spoon feeding the information those that can't (or won't) read any of the accepted publications.
Since PSW has no problem doing the reading, it seems that they wouldn't be good videos to boost her comprehension/understanding of the subject?

Purdue

Chicks Dig Rotors...
pilot
1. So when you two fly together....who is the PIC? (please no FAR citations)
2. I bet you two are going to plan all of your x-countries at 6000 feet.:D Too bad the mighty 152 does not have an autopilot.

Autopilot not required.... just a steady hand. Ahh.... great memories of my first time ever at the controls while dating a pilot babe....

It's what made me want to get wings myself!!!