• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

when is the april board meeting?

wheels

Primary
Its funny how a large majority of us wait our entire life to get to this point and the last few days are unbareable!

6. 7. 5. 59
privates apx 60hrs
environmental engineer

boudicca

While I am not applying to SNA, my recruiter indicated something along the lines of April 20th. He warned me that they were trying to fill up the last slots in Pensacola and that there was the possibility that if I get pro-rec'd I might ship out on May 5th for OCS.

Is that even possible? I thought that with MEPS and the Final Docs, there would be no way that in the span of 15 days everything could be approved and prepared.

Has anyone had the experience of going from applying, to pro-rec, through MEPS, and a final doc submission and approval, within the span of 3 months (I took the exam back in mid-February)?

Every day is going by far too slowly...must, be, patient...:icon_craz

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
While I am not applying to SNA, my recruiter indicated something along the lines of April 20th. He warned me that they were trying to fill up the last slots in Pensacola and that there was the possibility that if I get pro-rec'd I might ship out on May 5th for OCS.

Is that even possible? I thought that with MEPS and the Final Docs, there would be no way that in the span of 15 days everything could be approved and prepared.

Has anyone had the experience of going from applying, to pro-rec, through MEPS, and a final doc submission and approval, within the span of 3 months (I took the exam back in mid-February)?

Every day is going by far too slowly...must, be, patient...:icon_craz

Hey in today gone tommorow.

Tom

pilot
Contributor
I got through BDCP start to finish in four months and that was with MEPS problems. Expect to be in an early class and start preparing now.

Godspeed

His blood smells like cologne.
pilot
I'm a BDCPer and have a redesignation package that I submitted 5 weeks ago... They needed my anthros redone supposedly (guess they expire after 2 years).. Anthros were sent in on Monday. Sweatin like Shaq at the foul line until I hear. Startin to get the twitches. This is my 3rd application for redesignation to SNA from Supply.

7/7/7 60
3.2 GPA Aviation Mgmt w/math minor.
65 hrs PPL

FelixTheGreat

World's greatest pilot and occasional hero
pilot
I'm still sweating waiting to hear from by BDCP SNA package too. This waiting is horrible.

7/8/6/ 52
Aviation Technology Major - Meterology Minor
Commerical-Instrument ASEL/AMEL
CFI/CFII 800hrs

zacharyj53

Apparently the board will be meeting next Thursday. That came from my recruiter. He called the Lt. Cmdr who signs off on all of the recs. Take it for what it is worth.

Stretch32

It appears the board has already met. My recruiter informed me of the results this moring, Mon. April 16th. I didn't get selected for SNA unfourtunately. I'll try again next month.Stretch

zacharyj53

It appears the board has already met. My recruiter informed me of the results this moring, Mon. April 16th. I didn't get selected for SNA unfourtunately. I'll try again next month.Stretch

So your recruiter told you that the board results have already come out for April? My recruiter spoke with the Lt. Cmdr who signs off on the board and he told my recruiter it would start this Thursday.

Stretch32

Yes, I went to NRD Jax today to drop off some paperwork and my recruiter informed me I wasn't selected by the April board. I don't know if there are multiple boards but he told me he was notified on Friday afternoon. I only applied for SNA and I don't know if there is a preliminary board that makes an initial review before a final review but I was told the board met and I wasn't selected. I'm not really sure so I can't provide any extra info, sorry. I'll be applying again next month though after I retake the ASTB early next week.

Stretch

zacharyj53

Yes, I went to NRD Jax today to drop off some paperwork and my recruiter informed me I wasn't selected by the April board. I don't know if there are multiple boards but he told me he was notified on Friday afternoon. I only applied for SNA and I don't know if there is a preliminary board that makes an initial review before a final review but I was told the board met and I wasn't selected. I'm not really sure so I can't provide any extra info, sorry. I'll be applying again next month though after I retake the ASTB early next week.

Stretch

Sounds like we have conflicting information. I called to make sure that the board hadn't met and was still told that it is meeting on Thursday.

Stretch32

I'd like to know what you find out because it does sound odd that the board has already met and many people seem to hear/think/imply that it meets around the middle of the month. I find it hard to believe a recruiter would give info pretaining to being accepted or not without having hard facts in his hand prior. All I know is, I'll be studying extra to do better on the ASTB until I hear something different. It possible there may be different boards for each region but I think thats unlikely. Not sure what your up for but I did Naval SNA.

Stretch

zacharyj53

I'd like to know what you find out because it does sound odd that the board has already met and many people seem to hear/think/imply that it meets around the middle of the month. I find it hard to believe a recruiter would give info pretaining to being accepted or not without having hard facts in his hand prior. All I know is, I'll be studying extra to do better on the ASTB until I hear something different. It possible there may be different boards for each region but I think thats unlikely. Not sure what your up for but I did Naval SNA.

Stretch

I am doing the same but you could just be getting your info from the March board.