• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What's your favorite micro brew

phrogpilot73

Speaking of good brews in the Hampton Roads area, I rather like this one:
old-dominion-oak-barrel-stout.jpg

Hopefully, you meant beers you can GET in the Hampton Roads Area. Old Dominion (maker of the fine beer above, and yes I agree it's tasty) started in Loudon County, VA (a.k.a. Northern Virginia) and has since relocated to Dover, DE.

As for breweries down here in Hampton Roads? There's O'Connor (very good), Williamsburg Alewerks (not bad), Saint George Brewing Company (haven't found one I like yet), and Beach Brewing Company (haven't had any yet, but heard GREAT things about them - VERY friendly to homebrewers too!). I love this area!

phrogpilot73

I was not aware, thought they were local.
No worries, not as many people are as big a beer geek as me! I subscribe to: All About Beer, Brew Your Own, Beer Connoisseur, and Zymurgy (which means yes, I'm a member of the American Homebrewer's Association). I also hope to open my own brew pub at some point... Might be some tweaking to the business plan, because we're thinking about doing it here in Hampton Roads vice Pensacola...

armada1651

Hey intern, get me a Campari!
pilot
we're thinking about doing it here in Hampton Roads vice Pensacola...

Any particular location in mind? If it happens while I'm here, I expect to be a customer. Whether or not it's within walking distance will likely make an enormous difference in how good a customer.

phrogpilot73

Any particular location in mind? If it happens while I'm here, I expect to be a customer. Whether or not it's within walking distance will likely make an enormous difference in how good a customer.
Since it's an aviation themed bar & restaurant - I was thinking Chicks beach would be good... Central to both Oceana and NAS Norfolk, more locals than tourists, and well, walking distance to the house we're working on buying... It'll be several years though...

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Yeah, Chicks would be the place to be. Class it up though, I expect that it won't be another Hot Tuna

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Class it up too much and you'll eliminate a lot of your potential patrons. Hot Tuna is an institution for a reason. You can vomit on the bar and not expect to be 86'd for more than a couple weeks. :D

phrogpilot73

The general concept is that one side is bar, one side is decent restaurant. Kind of like a slightly more upscale Trader Jon's.

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
Alaskan Summer Ale, followed by Moose's Tooth Apple Ale.

Gotta go north, my friends, to find the finest of beers!

phrogpilot73

Either way, by abandoning Pensacola, you've lost one potential investor. :mad:
Dude, haven't eliminated P-Cola at all... After all, based on the current business plan - it would be the highest forecast grossing location. Haven't eliminated expansion (after all, Gordon Biersch started as a mom & pop shop), and I'd need a good general manager... Starting in Hampton Roads makes sense because I have potential business partners lined up, and we are probably retiring here...

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
Discovered this one while making my way through a raft of sour beers. Not very expensive ($10 for 750 ml), pairs well, drinks smooth. Awesome. If you're in Pensacola, Hopjacks Filling Station has it.

rodenbach-grand-cru.jpg