• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Whats up with Mike Co.

Status
Not open for further replies.

semperfi1812

Alpha Co '04
Just wondering if anyone out there know what to expect while in Mike Co. and IFS. Do we only fly, or do we do alot of other things. What can we expect as far as training schedules, pt, b.s., time off, stress, etc.

Dustball

2nd LT
Since no one else seems to want to touch on this I'll give it a shot. According to one of my buddies he said IFS Mike Co Lieutenants mainly focus on IFS but they do go on working parties and the like when their not busy. PT I would assume is individual unless there are some motivated student staff. To tell you the truth I have just been enjoying my last few weeks of civi life. Go out drink some beer, chase some tail, we will be there soon enough.

semperfi1812

Alpha Co '04
i couldn't agree more dustball. Have you gotten your orders? I was supposed to report (tentatively) for Oct 1 IFS, Nov Tbs, but still havn't gotten any orders. So I don't know what to think. I need to pay bills, but don't want to be working if I am leaving in a couple weeks.

Anyway, I was just curious. I didn't know what to expect. I was also wonering what the Mike Co. Lt's did about going to the Marine Corps Ball. So if anybody has more info on that, it would be great.

Dustball

2nd LT
Yea I got my official orders about 2 weeks ago. A couple of guys I keep in touch with from my platoon got their orders about the same time. I would ask my OSO whats up because I'm pretty sure that orders for Oct 1 IFS should all be out by now. Orders for Nov TBS won't be out until probably the end of Oct or beggining of Nov except for Lts that got orders to IFS because both the orders for IFS and TBS are on the same paper. If they don't have you in the Oct IFS they will probably have you do it after TBS. I wouldn't think you would be pushed back again but I'm sure stanger things have happened. I was commissioned April 24 if the time line helps you.

PSno23

GEAUX TIGERS
pilot
Hey Dustball, I didn't get orders for Oct. 1, so I guess I'm reporting Nov. 24 and it looks like I'll be doing IFS after TBS. Make sure to keep me posted on everything!

d_bossart

Yeah, I'm suppose to be reporting to TBS on Nov 25 also. My OSO told me I would be doing IFS after TBS. So I guess I will be put in Mike Company after TBS to do IFS at Quantico? Either way, we will all be spending Thanksgiving together HAHA.

semperfi1812

Alpha Co '04
Is everybody else's OSOs on the ball but mine? I wonder sometimes if I would get told anything if I didn't call and harass them. Anyways, sounds like there are a few of you in the same boat as I am. I hope at least I can make it out the for A. Co.

usmcecho4

pilot
My OSO didn't know I was was an air contract until I asked about IFS a month after commissioning. He also didn't visit anyone at OCS or attend graduation two years in a row even though the OSO Office is 30 miles away from Quantico. I've found that the best stratagy when dealing with OSO's is definitely harassment. Good luck.

Kill,
usmcecho4

Clux4

Banned
Sorry to say, but the moment to raise your little sweaty palms in the air and take the oath the last thing some of them will do for you is to drop you off at OCS and from then on you will be forever history. You are only a number, they have other things to do.
I really think it is a serious issue if your OSO does not know you well enough to know what contract you are in for. I can overlook the graduation issue. I think they have the right to come for graduation if they choose. But 30 miles and at the most 3 hours is not to much to give up?
The Marine Corps is not perfect, learn from everything you see around you and hopefully you can help make changes.

nowings1

Some Alpha's around here? OSO tells me I'm getting orders to Alpha. Haven't seen them, of course. He says they won't be cut until about month out. I'm a lawyer, and hope that won't dq me from this site. I've heard scuttlebutt that Alpha's going to be loaded w/ pilots and lawyers. I was in OCC 180 and we were lawyer/pilot heavy too. Anyone else hear anything like this? Is the Corps training pilots and lawyers more or less separate from gound? Also, I've been living in DC for about a year now, and did ADSW at Quantico SJA last summer, so if anyone in Alpha needs any info about the area, I might be able to help out.

FrogFly

Knibb High Football Rules!
semperfi1812 said:
Is everybody else's OSOs on the ball but mine? I wonder sometimes if I would get told anything if I didn't call and harass them. Anyways, sounds like there are a few of you in the same boat as I am. I hope at least I can make it out the for A. Co.

Dude, I'm totally with you. I don't have my orders, although I'm supposed to report to IFS in Oct. I'm getting pretty pissed, seeing that I've been through this type of mess before. It can get a little crazy. I'm hoping to get something in the next day or so. Everything I've ever heard in the past said that we'd see orders 30 days out. Now they're saying two weeks. I've still got an apt. to pack out and a job to give notice to. Sucks...

semperfi1812

Alpha Co '04
FrogFly said:
Dude, I'm totally with you. I don't have my orders, although I'm supposed to report to IFS in Oct. I'm getting pretty pissed, seeing that I've been through this type of mess before. It can get a little crazy. I'm hoping to get something in the next day or so. Everything I've ever heard in the past said that we'd see orders 30 days out. Now they're saying two weeks. I've still got an apt. to pack out and a job to give notice to. Sucks...

I was finally told... harassing them does work by the way... that I won't be going to IFS until after TBS. That works out fine for me. One more season to hunt elk baby!!! Anyway, they were pretty cool about it too, the are going to get me on TAD for about a month before I leave going around to the campuses and checking out all the hot babes and maybe pass out a flyer or two while I am at it.

My point is, your probably in the same boat, IFS after The Big Suck. Keep in touch on what you find out.

Status
Not open for further replies.