• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What's the BEST?! Jets? P-3s? C-2/E-2? Helos? Let's compare.

Status
Not open for further replies.

nkn240

Hi! I will get commissioned in May and have been service selected for SNA. I've never felt strongly for any one platform, so I wanted to pose the question... what is the best? I want to dream a bit about my future and I wanted a little more perspective.

I'm not asking for you to compare the aircraft alone, but factor in:
What's the community like?
Lifestyle?
Demands?
Training?
Deployment cycles?
Homeports?
Advantages/Disadvantages?
What aircraft do I want...?

Thank you!

Deere1450

pilot
Hi! I will get commissioned in May and have been service selected for SNA. I've never felt strongly for any one platform, so I wanted to pose the question... what is the best? I want to dream a bit about my future and I wanted a little more perspective.

Lifestyle?
Demands?
Training?
Deployment cycles?
Homeports?

Thank you!

Seriously dude?...

Wudgles

Cause I am most ill and I'm rhymin' and stealin'
pilot
How I read this post:
head-out-of-your-ass_jpg.gif

KBayDog

Lifestyle?
Demands?
Training?
Deployment cycles?
Homeports?

Thank you!

s4xqhk.jpg.gif

helolumpy

Apprentice School Principal
pilot
Contributor
Nkn240, allow me to explain why you're about to flame sprayed. First off, read the new Guy gouge on this site. (required reading thread on main forum page)

Second, don't ask a completely open-ended question here. If you have specific questions, we'll be glad to answer them. Don't ask questions that are so wide in scope that no one person can answer.

Finally, what is "best" is completely subjective. You individual character may better suited for one community over another, but since no one here knows you personally, we can't answer this question.

My advice is to do you best in flight school so you may have options when the time comes to select. Also, during flight school seek out Instructor Pilots who fly different aircraft. Ask them more specific questions and write down those questions so you can ask a helo pilot, a jet pilot. A P-3 pilot, etc. the same questions.

Finally, keep this in mind. Anything you select will be the "best kept secret in Naval Aviation". What that means is that every aircraft and community has good points and bad points. So study hard, try your best and good luck.

That being said. Let the flame spraying begin!

Recovering LSO

Suck Less
pilot
Contributor

Lifestyle?
Demands?
Training?
Deployment cycles?
Homeports?

Thank you!

Where are you getting your commission from?

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
If you don't fly P-3s you'll amount to nothing in the Navy and nothing in life. You will be a complete failure. Period. End of story.

C420sailor

Former Rhino Bro
pilot
You still have to get your commission, then make it through IFS, API, and Primary before you have to worry about this.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
In short, IMO, jets is the best flying but COD's have the best lifestyle for tailhookers. The end.

Status
Not open for further replies.