• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What were the steps to becoming a naval aviator?

Sonog

pilot
It may turn you from a low to mid-level performer in Primary into a better one in the early stages. This will in turn improve your odds of getting your preference of advanced platform. If you are a bit of a slow learner it may save you from failing a flight prior to your first solo flight. That’s about it. Unless you were a commercial pilot or CFI prior to flight school it isn’t going to be a huge deal.

Isn't the conventional wisdom that it can just easily lead to bad habits or a false sense of security leading to early complacency/overconfidence such that when compared with the costs it should only be done out of pure passion and/or as part of formal education program ala embry riddle?

Python

pilot
Contributor
Isn't the conventional wisdom that it can just easily lead to bad habits or a false sense of security leading to early complacency/overconfidence such that when compared with the costs it should only be done out of pure passion and/or as part of formal education program ala embry riddle?

The bad habits thing is far and away an exception, but it’s out there. Generally those with more advanced certificates and ratings have dominant NSSs. However I concur that the expense is not even close to worth it unless you’re super rich and/or passionate.

croakerfish

pilot

I mean sure it’s possible but I don’t think many students who are so gung-ho to be shit-hot that they spend all that money and time are complacent when they finally get their shot.