• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What uniform to wear?

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
A4sForever said:
UNIFORM%20USN%20DRESS%20WHITES%20LEE.jpg
Is this guy looking for his iron? It appears he lost it somewhere.

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
At least he has his... Mine were stole from my trunk the night before the wedding... ended up wearing my roommates...

CaliStyle

I read somewhere that the groom should carry his sword and wear white gloves at the reception. If that's the case, is it ok to not wear the cover since it'll mess up the groom's hair and be a nuisance all night?

Lawman

None
Let's see if I can get this straight ... some of this may be outdated. This was the way-it-was ... back-in-the-day. And as you can go 'round and 'round on this if you don't cross the "t's" and dot the "i's" ... pay attention:

---Dress whites ----- "Choker" Whites (i.e. no difference:))

o009.jpg
o005.jpg

--- Dinner Dress White ---- Mess Dress White (jacket)

o007.jpg
o003.jpg

---- Dinner Dress Blue
----Mess Dress Blue (jacket)

I'm exhausted. Time for limes. If it's wrong ... Sue me ....

Is it just me or do Mess coats make you look like you should be in a Band playing for the event you dressed up for.

MasterBates

Never seen (in person) chokers worn without medals.

Mini for dinner dress, Full Size for Full Dress.

Ribbons & chokers would make a nice compromise for something not quite needing full dress, but more formal than what would be appropriate for summer whites.

Me personally, I wish the Aviation Greens and Service Dress Khaki (with the coat, not CNT's) would make a comeback. I always thought they look sharp.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Never seen (in person) chokers worn without medals. ....

ACTUALLY .... We used to do it/wear it all the time ... with ribbons .... medals were the "rarity" ... to wit:

Here's a pix of Admiral Kimmel (yes, THAT Admiral Kimmel) on a good day in middle 1941 ... please note the choker whites and ribbons --- also note the lack of "medal creep" back-in-the-day ... the guy's just got the hand-off to be CINCUS and sports 3 ribbons, instead of 5 rows of your typical shipboard based YN/PN of today.
:)

... A side note --- "they" later changed CINCUS to read ... CINCPAC ... it was deemed to sound better phonetically than:

CINCUS i.e., "Sink Us" ... :)

admkimmelry5.jpg

MasterBates

A4s,

Was he wearing only "top 3" like is common now, or is that no-joke, only 3.

And I agree on the medal creep. We have a YN2 that has never been OUTCONUS except for Hawaii, and looks like a freaking war hero... Unless you know what you are looking at.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
...Was he wearing only "top 3" like is common now, or is that no-joke, only 3. ....

All of 'em ... it was his "big day", remember ???

Here's another picture of him and some of his boys --- "Poco" Smith on the right --- note the ribbons.

h57100.jpg