• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What to wear to the dine out????

Status
Not open for further replies.

bg7

KIMBERLY,
I DON'T HAVE THE WEBSITE THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT, BUT AS TO MAKING TRAVEL ARRANGEMENTS, MY BOYFRIEND HAS SAID IT IS FRI. JUNE 4 SOMETIME THAT EVENING. SO, I'M FLYING DOWN THURSDAY THE 3, AND COMING BACK ON SUNDAY. FROM WHAT I'VE HEARD, THEY'LL HAVE SOME LIBERTY THAT WEEKEND. AS FAR AS HOTELS CLOSE TO THE BASE, HE STAYED AT THE ASHTON INN AND SUITES RIGHT BEFORE HE WENT INTO OCS. IT'S ONLY A COUPLE OF MILES FROM THE BASE, AND HE SAID IT WAS DECENT FOR THE PRICE AND CONVENIENT BECAUSE IT WAS SO CLOSE. AS FAR AS WHAT TO WEAR, YOU'VE GOT ME. MY BOYFRIEND KEEPS SAYING A COCKTAIL DRESS, BUT I DON'T THINK HE KNOWS WHAT THAT IS. I'M THINKING A COCKTAIL DRESS IS KIND OF SHORT FOR THE OCCASSION, BUT THEN AGAIN, I'M A JEANS AND TEE-SHIRT KINDA GIRL SO MAYBE I DON'T KNOW WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT EITHER. :confused: HOPE THIS HELPS A LITTLE.

Sylvia

Student Pilot Wife
Hi ladies,
I remember going to the OCS dining out... Another hotel, very close by the base is the Suburban Lodge...it is THE closest hotel to the base...and then you have the NAVY Lodge ON base which (unless you are married) your guys will have to make the reservation.
As far as dresses... a cocktail dress as you described is good. You dont need a long full ball gown for this event. I wore a strapless black dress that came down to my knees in the front and my calves in the back and this seemed acceptable and pretty common.
Hope this helps.

kimberly

Thanks for all the great tips! It helps very much! : ) I don't know what I'd do without all of you ladies for advice!!!

ET1sWife

Twidget's Wife
I will be going to the dining out the first weekend in June as well. He is in the April 24-25 class. My husband said that they will be getting 48 hours of liberty for the weekend!!!
We will be staying at Marriotts Residence Inn. It's a bit far from the base (14 miles) but well worth it since I will be bringing my mother and 2 young children.
As far as the attire, I have the same question as everyone else...what do we wear? I have been to an etiquette/transitional class that the navy gives to wives of previously enlisted officers. The rule of thumb is nothing too short, too tight or low cut.

tukka

Ripper Chic
I figure that black is a safe bet for color...but what about length! I feel so dumb being so worried about this but I don't want to embarass my CO. I bought two dresses and can't decide which to take back...the one that is long or the one that comes just below my knees! HELP!

ET1sWife

Twidget's Wife
I found a beautiful pale pink chiffon dress that is full length but the skirt is wrap around and it shows a little leg! But I have been holding off buying it because it may be too formal for the dinner. But thinking about it, I wear skirts to work that are as long...maybe I will get it! If you go to davids bridal (special occasions/social dresses) its the very first one. Please post a reply and let me know what you think: too formal/just right/yuck, ets... Thanks.

tukka

Ripper Chic
I just looked at that dress online and I definatly think that you should buy it! It is very nice! That is the type of dress that I am deciding between too! So at least we know that there will be two of us dressed up!
It is a gorgeous dress! Go for it!
Are you living down there or are your traveling for it?

tukka

Ripper Chic
k-nevermind...I just readn another post by you and you are bringing your kids. Nevermind my last question! Sorry!

kimberly

I'm starting to worry that maybe my dress isn't dressy enough.... it's a very nice dress, but it comes right to my knees and has a few inch slit in the back (is this innapropriate???). I wish I wasn't so worried about this, it seems kind of silly... but it is kind of stressing me out! Lucky guys already know what they have to wear! : )

VAmookie

Private Wife Forum

Whats the difference between the spouses corner and the private spouses corner. Is the private one more of a support group thing and less of a Q & A? One of these days i'd like to get my girlfriend/future wife involved. How does she go about doing that?

ET1sWife

Twidget's Wife
tukka,
Thank you for taking a look at the dress. If it isn't that exact dress I think it will be something very similar.
Will we receive an invitation to to DO or do we have to rely on the tiny bit of information that our guys give us?
How many days now?

Kathy

Reservist Wife
Contributor
CORPSviation -

The only literal difference between the spouses corner and the private spouses corner is that the private corner is.. well, private. :) You have to request access to it.

There is still plenty of Q&A going on in the private section, but there is also a lot more support going on in there too... Along with general girl talk (although we do have a husband in the group!). We're probably a little more open in there with our questions and concerns since there is less worry about who is reading it.

Your girlfriend/future wife just needs to get herself an ID on here and then request access to the group under her User Control Panel. One of the moderators will approve it and she'll be ready to go.

:)

crysmc

MH-60S Pilot Wife
Super Moderator
Contributor
ET1sWife said:
I found a beautiful pale pink chiffon dress that is full length but the skirt is wrap around and it shows a little leg! But I have been holding off buying it because it may be too formal for the dinner. But thinking about it, I wear skirts to work that are as long...maybe I will get it! If you go to davids bridal (special occasions/social dresses) its the very first one. Please post a reply and let me know what you think: too formal/just right/yuck, ets... Thanks.

That dress is beautiful! I think it's very classy. Your man is going to be beaming with pride because you're going to look so gorgeous! :)

~Crystal

tukka

Ripper Chic
15 days! YEAH!!!
Hopefully I will get a call tomorrow....as for the invitation to the DO...I have no clue! I don't think that our OC's know either! Poor guys! I have an etiquette book that says we will but it is quite old! Who knows!

By the way...I don't think that anyone is silly for freaking out about the whole dress issue...I am doing the same! After the DO we will read these posts and laugh!

Bye for now!

ET1sWife

Twidget's Wife
I looked at the dress last night and it isn't going to work. Why is that everything looks better on the internet? I guess I will keep looking...

Status
Not open for further replies.