• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What to wear to the dine out????

Status
Not open for further replies.

tukka

Ripper Chic
I am headed down to the dine out in June and was wondering if any of you ladies had some in-sight on the dress issue!
I hear that my OC will be in his dress whites...I assume this info. is correct!
I don't want to be over or under dressed...I just want to fit in with the others...
Any info would be great!

PolyDolly

SNA Girlfriend
As for the what to wear issue...I've heard a cocktail dress but others might be able to give you more details or even forward you pictures. What day are you going and what class is your significant other in? My boyfriend's is supposedly the weekend of June 4,5, 6. I am under the impression that it was on a Saturday evening but he believes it to be on Friday evening. Do you know?

tukka

Ripper Chic
I think that the dine out is in June 4th...the Friday! That is about all the details that I have. If you hear any more info or know anyone with pictures...let me know!

Kathy

Reservist Wife
Contributor
Hi ladies,

I think you both have access to the Private Spouses Corner forum on here. There are some posts in there talking about this exact subject. Let me know if you do not have access to it and I will look into it.

:)

PolyDolly

SNA Girlfriend
Dining Out...Friday or Saturday?

Tukka,

What class is your SO in? My boyfriend is in the April 24 class and as far as I know the Dining Out is that weekend. Here's my question though....

All the other Dining Out information I've seen on this website has said that Dining Out is on a Saturday night. I'm wondering if sometimes they are Friday and sometimes they're Saturday or if my boyfriend gave me the incorrect information.

I'm a little concerned about finding out the exact date and am trying to figure out how to find out for sure as I have to fly from California and would like to make plans with my work, etc.

Any information you or anyone else knows I would appreciate.

tukka

Ripper Chic
As for which day it is, I have no clue! Hopefully they will let them know soon so that we can get all of our flights and things figured out!

What are you going to wear?

My fiance is in the April 3 class!

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
Ours was on a Saturday. I think it's pretty consistent, because the idea is to give liberty all classes that weekend (secured or not) that are in the dining out.

PolyDolly

SNA Girlfriend
Thanks for the replies. The website Kathy provided does state June 4 and the next Dining Out isn't until September so I'm guessing that is their only option to attend. Kathy stated that the Dining Outs had followed that schedule for the past but the link was for a different program at the base, not OCS. I'm guessing they all attend the same DO?

Tukka,

As for what to wear...I envision a cocktail dress as an elegant, short black dress or something similar. I'm sure I could round something up in my closet but will most likely go buy something before. You know how that goes...

I think I'm just going to hold off on travel arrangements for now until I hear from my boyfriend and get the final word. It would be great to go out as he'll be about half way through but I don't want to get stuck with airline fees to change my flight, etc.

WT

Hey

I am also planning on going to the dining out for June. I don't know what day it is either. Right now my husband doesn't know any of the details, but knowing the actual day would make planning my flight a lot easier. Could someone PM me that website with the info?

WT's Girl

kimberly

My boyfriend is also in the April 24th class. Where did you find the info about the dining out date? So far, he hasn't said anything about it and didn't know before he left. I'd like to go if I can, but am so far pretty uninformed and completely new to this whole lifestyle! Any advice or ideas where to get info would be great!

bg7

Hello Everyone. I've Been Coming To This Site Since My Boyfriend Left For Ocs April 3, And I'm Just Now Figuring Out How To Post Replies. I Guess I'm A Little Computer Illiterate. Anyway, I'm Also Going To The Dine-out In June. I've Already Booked My Flight And Everything, I'm Just Hoping Nothing Comes Up That Will Keep Me From Getting To See Him That Weekend. I'm So Glad I Can Finally Post On Here. I'm Looking Forward To Meeting You All At The Dine-out.

Alyssa

For the dining out, something classy, and not showing too much skin would be appropriate. The guys are going to be so hot anyways in their dress uniforms!

PolyDolly

SNA Girlfriend
Travel arrangements for the DO

For Dining Out travel arrangements...

I went to www.visitpensacola.com and found out hotel information. Also, the Pensacola Airport website is www.flypensacola.com. It's great because it tells you what airlines fly there and what ground transportation is available. I booked a flight on Continental because I'm flying from CA and the connections were the most direct for me. Also...a word of caution. I booked my flight on Orbitz. com but I notices the later you leave Pensacola on Sunday, the more expensive your flight gets. It can be a signifcant price difference too. I would book ASAP because prices are only going up. I booked a hotel out on Pensacola Beach just because I thought it would be relaxing out there but it is more expensive. A lot of things out there seemed to be booked already though! Hope this helps!

kimberly

I'm trying to make my travel arrangements, and keep feeling like I don't have enough information. That website you all have been discussing sounds very intriguing... could someone please PM me that?? I think it might be very helpful. Also, I've been looking at maps of Pensacola and haven't seen the Navy base on any of them. I'm looking for a hotel as near to the base as possible. Any recommendations?

And as for how dressy this is... is this the kind of thing you get your hair and nails done for? It's sounding like a black dress is the safest bet so far. I wouldn't want to be over or underdressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.