• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

what STDs does MEPS test for?

Deror

How can I make this thread more awkward?
Not sure if there is a Navy equivalent, but I fully expected to pick up some type of STD from my date with the Quigley.

JollyGood

Flashing Dome
pilot
Having been to both Bangkok and Pattaya, I doubt he is referring to power failures.

Memories....
IMG_5528.jpg

When I see that photo all I can think of is this video clip....

Body masssssaaaggggeee.....

feddoc

Really old guy
Contributor
Lol this post has certainly spawned some good replies!

FYI to all...nothing looks "suspicious" down there at all. But after living in Bangkok and Pattaya for 8 months...with numerous blackout nights...who the Hell knows what could be in there lol. Ive only been checked for HIV and Hep, but i know the others can show no symptoms at all. Just figured id prepare myaelf before MEPS lol:)

-Shroom
Ask the docs for a conscience check. BTW, is 'Lucy's Tiger Den' still up?

pdcoughl

I went to MEPS last month and they draw blood and they said they check it for any blood illnesses. I don't know everything they check for but i know it includes HIV and Hepatitis, they also visually inspect your junk for any issues. At the pre MEPs briefing they told us that if we had anything they would mail us a letter within two weeks letting us know. I asked if I paid for the stamp would they send me one just letting me know i didn't have anything. They didn't find that humorous but your recruiter gets a full report which she gave to me letting me know I am good to go. If your that worried you should go get tested at a clinic cause i couldn't think of a worse way to find out you have something then having your recruiter tell you. Can you imagine that conversation Recruiter: "so you have HIV and therefore we are not going to hire you and now you wont have health insurance, so yeah sucks to be you"

Pepe

If it's stupid but works, it isn't stupid.
pilot
Not sure if there is a Navy equivalent, but I fully expected to pick up some type of STD from my date with the Quigley.

While you're in there, try and remember that I pissed in that nastiness. Twice.

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
While you're in there, try and remember that I pissed in that nastiness. Twice.

I was so effing cold, I am pretty sure I pissed in it at least twice. I say pretty sure because at that point I was numb.