• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

what STDs does MEPS test for?

A

AlexSmart

I went to MEPS a couple months ago, no swabs. If sh** is growing on you get it fixed though cause they check you out front to back. I felt like I was Mike Honcho posing for Playgirl.

They obviously draw blood, so I don't know if they look for STDs in your blood.

AnonymousGuy

None
Lol this post has certainly spawned some good replies!

FYI to all...nothing looks "suspicious" down there at all. But after living in Bangkok and Pattaya for 8 months...with numerous blackout nights...who the Hell knows what could be in there lol. Ive only been checked for HIV and Hep, but i know the others can show no symptoms at all. Just figured id prepare myaelf before MEPS lol:)

-Shroom

MasterBates

Granted you are a dude, but they also check for that STD with a 9 month incubation period and that takes 18+ years to go away.

I've known people with all kinds of shit (and been treated for some myself).. If you are not going to die or have health problems you should be OK. If its something that could be passed on through normal military actions.. That may be a problem.

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
Lol this post has certainly spawned some good replies!

FYI to all...nothing looks "suspicious" down there at all. But after living in Bangkok and Pattaya for 8 months...with numerous blackout nights...who the Hell knows what could be in there lol. Ive only been checked for HIV and Hep, but i know the others can show no symptoms at all. Just figured id prepare myaelf before MEPS lol:)

-Shroom

"The worst part about visiting Thailand is that for the rest of your life, you'll always know its there."

A

AlexSmart

I'm assuming you mean you have a permanent condition like herpes. Hopefully a doc can chime in but I don't remember any swabs or invasive tests. But if you got somethin obvious
goin on in the pumpkin patch somebody is gonna notice so don't hide it.

Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man... +1

Tomodachi

pilot
A shipmate here in Japan took a trip to Thailand, came back with an infection that made his cheek swell up like a golf ball.

Get yourself checked out before you go to MEPS please hahaha

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
All you need to do is trust in these words and you'll live a happy and rewarding life. 1) Lord loves a workin' man 2) Don't trust whitey 3) See a doctor and get rid of it. - Navin R Johnson

H60Gunner

Contributor
Joking about "numerous blackouts" will get you DQ'd.

I'm assuming he was referring to power outages...

On a serious note, one of my FE's back in my tube slug days contracted AIDS from a woman(?) in Thailand. True story? Dunno, all I know is he is dead now. Wrap your willie everytime!!!!

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I'm assuming he was referring to power outages...

Having been to both Bangkok and Pattaya, I doubt he is referring to power failures.

Memories....
IMG_5528.jpg