• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What should I do!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

reapergm

TN... yeah, I met with him today, ran a PFT and signed ground. He said the GPA is hurting, but the PFT is helping(285). I thought he might have been BSing me about the NFO availability, until I read the contract I signed today. It said on the contract(in the previous applied part and reason for not getting in..) "No Seats Avail". So I think he was sincere about that. The ASTB, he swears makes no difference what the score was, that NFO minimum is 4,6,4. Im retaking in a month anyhow.

In regards to ground. He has the available slot, and he says his job is to make me into an officer, and he thinks I should apply ground if its available. He thinks that there are alot of slots available to switch over to air at TBS, even though I told him I heard otherwise.

He said that hes checking into PRK, but he strongly advises against it! He said that.. 1st, he doesnt think that they are waivering it at all, that people on this site who have been waivered havent been waivered by NOMI, only by district. 2nd, he said that he is trying to contact the local flight surgeon and find out about it for me (tried calling when I was there.. but the doc wasnt there). He said that he should know if it is good by Tues. 3rd, he said that they "might" say that PRK is waiverable, but that doesnt mean I will ever get the waiver. He thinks that it is really risky. He said that having a waiver only puts me below another NA applicant with good eyes. All is understandable.

Now the situation with my contract. Like I said, NAMI has told me that its good. I signed the ground, but he said he wont send it in until he hears from the doc. He says he should know by Tues, and I have a feeling he will tell me its not good to go, even though I obviously have heard otherwise. He said he personally doesnt want me to get PRK. I explained not only why I would want the PRK, and who I have spoken to in NAMI, but I also told him about Stevew and the other people here who have gotten it. He said that he doesnt think any of you will get the waiver. He asked if any of you have gotten the written confirmation from NOMI on a waiver approval.

So thats it. I dont know what is going to happen until Tues. I really want the PRK. If I get it, I will have to wait, but I know I can get the PFT to 300, retake and score higher on the ASTB and have my priv pilot license by June.

reapergm

Well, I talked to my OSO and he said that it is true... NAMI is waivering PRK. So I am withdrawing my ground application for 185. I know I have to wait a period of (probably) 6 months, so hopefully Ill make it in time for 186. If not, see you in 187!!!!! Good luck 185 candidates!

riley

Hey Reaper - Godspeed to you on everything - with your tenacity you'll get there soon enough. Hopefully I'll see you on the other side - with Gold bars for both of us.

Good luck with everything

TNWhiskey

2ndLt Charlie Co TBS
Yeah good luck reaper...I might be going the same route...My app has already been submitted, but I'm not optimistic at his point because of what you've said...My OSO changed last June so the new Capt. just may not have been up on the seats,etc...I don't blame him I should have done my own research (i.e. this board, etc.) and made sure I contracted for whatever would have gotten me the best shot at getting selected (since getting selected is all I really care about). I've got some room to improve too...I had 19 pull-ups on my last PFT and I'm sure now I can get 20...now I just have to shave my run down from 20:25. Unfortunatley, my age is going to start to work against me so I'll have to get a hump on...Best of luck to you reaper and keep us up to date on your PRK progress...

reapergm

Wow TN , You must have a 280 PFT... B/C we had the same exact run. I had 25 pull... so I have 285, but yeah.. that damn run... we'll both get there.. just work work work!

TNWhiskey

2ndLt Charlie Co TBS
yeah I got 19...I could easily get 20 now, but that's now...I was pretty much told after the 27th I couldn't submit anymore updates...I won't complain about it because it's up do me to get my PFT score to where it should be and not cramming in at last minute, but I wish I could have gone in again...Of course my run could have suffered a few seconds too...If I'm non-select this time I'll easily be in the 290's for next time...I don't know if I'll ever get to 300, but I'm going to push as hard as I can...especially if ground is my only option for this coming year.

Last December I weighed almost 210 and now I'm down to 175...when I first started running the 3 miles it took me almost 30 min. My inventory PFT was a huge joke...4 pullups, 66 situp, and 25:00 minute run.

25 pulls that's outstanding man...keep it up...
There's a website for the Tallahassee/Pensacola OSO that I found a link to somewhere on here that has a crunch workout to go with the Armstrong routine...I've started that because I think that even though I can easily get the 100 crunches, that ripping up my abdominals and obliques can help on the run...if you want I'll post in on here again.

reapergm

Yeah, post that here.. I rocked the crunch, but ab workouts are critical to being in good shape and supporting every other damn muscle. I was in the same boat, 209 PFT first time out. I couldnt even do 1 pullup last year at this time (sad, I know). Have you considered the PRK? I have my surgery scheduled for the 24th. I cant wait, Im so damn excited and nervous!!! 186 or 187...!!! Its a wait.. but I will get those bars on my shoulders!

TNWhiskey

2ndLt Charlie Co TBS
Yeah I'm seriously considering it (PRK)...IF I don't make 185I got an interesting call from my OSO today though...For those curious about when the west board was actually convening...it's underway. My fingers are crossed for that NFO slot still...

Ok here's that ab workout...I actually linked to the entired fitness page because it lists several workouts that could be helpful to anyone reading this...I've got to give some BIG props to this OSO (Capt. Kyker) for running this website. Serious dedication.

http://www.marineofficercandidate.com/physical_training.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.