• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What percent get winged?

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
Well if you see bad gouge correct it shipmate... my best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw it happen.

Nothings going to change about it anyway, bottom line was he did have a beer at the club during lunch 2 hours before going back to class, then later in the day they did the helo hoist. Little sub-par Jimmy (not a real name) saw a way to make it up one more ring in the ladder so he ran to 'daddy' and turned his brother in. Bad headwork by both, IMO. Enough to end a very young career? Apparently yes... Word is spreading fast about little Jimmy in the VTs...

WBGTSNA

NPQ from SNA
Contributor
Nothings going to change about it anyway, bottom line was he did have a beer at the club during lunch 2 hours before going back to class, then later in the day they did the helo hoist. Little sub-par Jimmy (not a real name) saw a way to make it up one more ring in the ladder so he ran to 'daddy' and turned his brother in. Bad headwork by both, IMO. Enough to end a very young career? Apparently yes... Word is spreading fast about little Jimmy in the VTs...

Quoted directly from "How to Become 'That Guy'"......

pennst8

Next guy to ask about thumbdrives gets shot.
Contributor
Wow, I hadn't heard that nasty detail.

What a d-bag, I would never fly with someone like that. Hell I wouldn't even let them in my house or drink a beer with them.

WBGTSNA

NPQ from SNA
Contributor
Wow, I hadn't heard that nasty detail.

What a d-bag, I would never fly with someone like that. Hell I wouldn't even let them in my house or drink a beer with them.

Last edited by pennst8 : 06-04-2007 at 09:20 PM. Reason: was writing vague, threatening sounding rant... decided it could be read the wrong way. Guy is still a douche.

Do you edit every single post that you create?

FrogFly

Knibb High Football Rules!
Percentages for "x" can be found every place you go. Here in Krock, they have a historical 12% attrition rate, which fluctuates each fiscal yr. I guess that means 88% get winged here out of advanced?

stevo01

well, i did not really mean to get an exact percentage but just a general # such as 2 out of 10, or 9 out of 10..so on

teabag53

pilot
It is voluntary and the physicians almost seem to invent new ailments to keep otherwise healthy people from flying so yes, the broken and not-interested don't make it too far. I don't know the exact failure rate but people that are generally turds don't do well. Unfortunately, some turds do seep through but are mostly identified and flush later in their training. I think the overall flow generally resembles a giant turd-skimmer.

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
Started Primary with 12. 1 attrite, 2 DOR, 1 winged P-3 NFO, 2 at VAW-120 going through the E-2 syllabus, 2 winged F-15E WSOs, 1 winged EA-6B ECMO, 3 in the T-2 syllabus at VT-86 (1 Strike, 2 Fighter)

a_m

Still learning how much I don't know.
None
Better yet, don't worry about the odds. The Navy does not want only xx% of people to get through flight school. It's only that so many people CAN make it through. Just do your best and don't worry about odds.

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
well, i did not really mean to get an exact percentage but just a general # such as 2 out of 10, or 9 out of 10..so on

Thats a 1 for headwork right there... 2 out of 10 is 20%...9 out of 10 is 90%...saying that you don't want %'s and just want numbers is not any different than asking for %'s. Just ask for what you want and don't worry about it...or maybe more important just work your a$$ off and make sure you don't get kicked out.

S.O.B.

pilot
Better yet, don't worry about the odds. The Navy does not want only xx% of people to get through flight school. It's only that so many people CAN make it through. Just do your best and don't worry about odds.

Historically that’s not true. I’m sure there are folks on the site that remember RIFs in flight school and the minimum NSS fluctuates even today with the needs of the Navy. But your 100% correct about the doing your best part and not worrying about the odds.