• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What percent get winged?

stevo01

Has anyone heard of the failure rate at flight school? I heard most who don't make it are do to medical or just want out. is that correct?

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
The problem with this is that very few are going to be able to tell you what you want to know. There are too many factors, too many people going different directions and it is easy to lose touch with everyone.

My API class lost 2, Primary dropped another 2, and Advanced dropped 1. Again though those are different groups of people throughout different pipelines. In API you will have NFOs and Air Force people with you, most of whom go to other bases for training so most of the time we never hear back on how they did.

pennst8

Next guy to ask about thumbdrives gets shot.
Contributor
I heard most who don't make it are do to medical or just want out. is that correct?
Some of them drive into houses or drink before the helo hoist... etc

I suppose that is medical though... really late diagnosis of acute retardation.

Crowbar

None
Normally I ignore the "what percent" questions but I did some quick figuring and out of the class I started primary with, we had a 43.75% attrition rate. Seven people quit or got quit, ranging from three flights into the program right up to three flights from winging. Out of the nine who made it, 100% of them got their top choice.

Don't worry about statistics unless you want to become one.

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
I did hear about that one and it didn't exactly go down that way ...

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
It's low. Don't quote me but last I heard I thought it was around 12% and that's from all causes....DOR, NPQ, attrite, etc.

pennst8

Next guy to ask about thumbdrives gets shot.
Contributor
I did hear about that one and it didn't exactly go down that way ...

Well if you see bad gouge correct it shipmate... my best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw it happen.

Fezz CB

"Spanish"
None
Some of them drive into houses or drink before the helo hoist... etc

I suppose that is medical though... really late diagnosis of acute retardation.

I remember that. I was on watch at VT-10. It was the most exciting thing to happen next to getting dinner.

skim

Teaching MIDN how to drift a BB
None
Contributor
out of the percent that get winged, how many get jets??:D

a_m

Still learning how much I don't know.
None
How about this.

Barring no medical problems, 100% of those who work hard, study, and have balls get winged.