• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What NRC considers competitive

TommyBahama

Yeah, from searching around and talking to my OR I guessed as much, all the more reason to study hard and crush the test when I take it at the end of July. I appreciate the feedback though.

Is 60+ usually considered a high score?

exNavyOffRec

Hi guys, first post, I thought I'd throw up my background to see what people may think about my chances. I haven't taken the OAR yet but am currently studying my butt off to get a 60 or higher.

School: The University of St Andrews (Scotland, one of the top 3 UK Schools)
Degree: Single Honors History (focus on Middle East and East Asia, one of the best schools for my degree)
GPA: Equivalent to a 3.2
Work Experience: Research Analyst Intern for a major Defense Consulting firm in Los Angeles, Intern for a Defense-Community relations group in San Diego.
LOR: Former Rear Admiral, Former Head of the FBI Office in San Diego, High Ranking Executive at State Department
Extra-curriculars: Managed and directed a start-up charity at university while managing a team of 20 people to deal with a plethora of tasks, 4 years as a student radio host, 4 years as secretary for a charity adventure group.

I've been building towards an Intelligence career since age 13 and thus would put Intel/SWO as my two main choices, though equally favored as of now as in truth I'd love to be an officer in the navy however I can.

Thanks for the help, I realized this thread can get swarmed a lot but I appreciate your advice.

There are many that have rec'd a "N" for Intel with much better academic backgrounds, SWO is more realistic.

Ntn027

Listen man, I just got in with a 52, 6/7/6, and my GPA was 2.57. As long as those 2 speeding tickets are good, I think you have a better shot than I would have if we went up against each other. Every board is different, but your scores are DEFINITELY competitive.
May I ask which designator did you apply to? Because I have the same stats as him and didnt get picked for either oceano and intel

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
May I ask which designator did you apply to? Because I have the same stats as him and didnt get picked for either oceano and intel

Both programs require a min 2.8 GPA. If you have a sub 2.8 and under 27 years old (31 if you're prior or active duty) the only programs you can apply for are Pilot/NFO.

That 2.8 GPA requirement is strictly enforced. No waivers.

Ntn027

Both programs require a min 2.8 GPA. If you have a sub 2.8 and under 27 years old (31 if you're prior or active duty) the only programs you can apply for are Pilot/NFO.

That 2.8 GPA requirement is strictly enforced. No waivers.
Oh i think you might have misunderstood my question. I'm 26 year-old, 3.14 gpa with 50 OAR. But I got rejected from oceano and intel. What are my chances of reapplying after getting more references and appraisals from O4 and above intel?

FormerRecruitingGuru

Oh i think you might have misunderstood my question. I'm 26 year-old, 3.14 gpa with 50 OAR. But I got rejected from oceano and intel. What are my chances of reapplying after getting more references and appraisals from O4 and above intel?

What's your major? You GPA is fairly low compared to the average. You can try to get an interview but same deal high GPA/OAR go a long way.

I would highly recommend considering SWO if your overall goal is officer.

Ntn027

What's your major? You GPA is fairly low compared to the average. You can try to get an interview but same deal high GPA/OAR go a long way.

I would highly recommend considering SWO if your overall goal is officer.
My major is biochemistry. Do I still need the interview if I apply for either Swo or supply?

Ntn027

Are you an active duty applicant? Ask your CCC.

If not, ask your recruiter.
Yes, i am an active duty applicant. I asked so just in case I can resend my applycation for next board without waiting for the interview. Are my stats competitive for supply also?

tar

Not sure this is the correct place to post this, but here goes. I'm in a particularly unique situation. I just got back from Marine OCS in Quantico, unfortunately was NTPQ for an injury and am back home healing and waiting for things to clear up. I'm exploring and trying to thoroughly understand all the options that I have, one of them is the Navy. I was accepted the very first time I applied to the Marine OCS board with no ifs and or but's. However I don't see that being the case if I was to switch over to the Navy, as it is more competitive and thus it will probably be harder. Here are the facts of myself as an applicant. GPA 2.8. Extracurricular's (rowing team all through college), 3 jobs in college as well, lots of leadership experience within rowing and the jobs, and before attending OCS worked at a software company as an account manager as well. I haven't quite looked into all the designators and have only researched NFO, Supply, and Intel. As competitiveness goes, I'm not sure whether I would be competitive anywhere with my GPA, any word of advice?

FormerRecruitingGuru

Not sure this is the correct place to post this, but here goes. I'm in a particularly unique situation. I just got back from Marine OCS in Quantico, unfortunately was NTPQ for an injury and am back home healing and waiting for things to clear up. I'm exploring and trying to thoroughly understand all the options that I have, one of them is the Navy. I was accepted the very first time I applied to the Marine OCS board with no ifs and or but's. However I don't see that being the case if I was to switch over to the Navy, as it is more competitive and thus it will probably be harder. Here are the facts of myself as an applicant. GPA 2.8. Extracurricular's (rowing team all through college), 3 jobs in college as well, lots of leadership experience within rowing and the jobs, and before attending OCS worked at a software company as an account manager as well. I haven't quite looked into all the designators and have only researched NFO, Supply, and Intel. As competitiveness goes, I'm not sure whether I would be competitive anywhere with my GPA, any word of advice?

Your GPA is way below the competitive avarage for supply and Intel so go ahead and scratch those two out. Pilot and NFO are you only two true options.

You will need to do a new MEPS physical and explain why you were physically DQ'd from marine OCS. You might need a waiver depending on the severity.

Sean4475

Hi everyone! This is my first post. I am currently active duty navy as an AWR. I am pursuing a commission for Intel Officer. A little background on me...

School: The Ohio State University (graduated SP 2014)

Degree: Security and Intelligence Studies (major GPA 3.7; overall GPA 3.5)

LOR: Carrier Air Wing (CAGAI) Intel officer, retired LCDR Navy Seal, etc...

I will be taking the OAR in sept. I've been working with intel officers on my base, along with our admin officer, and CCC to get my package up to par. Just waiting on OAR and interviews.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!