• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What now?

Enrique

hey every body just need a little help:) ..I am 25 and will be 26 this up comming september, I all be a junior in college next up coming fall 07 my major is Anthropolgy, GPA just below a 3.0, good health and phsysical condition. For what I understand PLC is no longer a option for me since I am to old right?:confused: so what's next, since I want to be a marine/naval aviator. Is OCS or is (OCC) my best option?:confused: I see some people talking about having calculus and physics for a math leve and a Ing degree for a better chances to get a slot, would my field affect me, becuase is to late change major plus I like my major:). What do you guys think? pls I need serious response..:)

You have two options available to you. 1) You can go to OCS following your junior year through the 10 week PLC-C program. You would then be commissioned when you graduate college. 2) You can go to OCS after you graduate college. You would go through OCC and be commissioned upon graduating OCS.

How's your PFT score? Have you spoken with an OSO?

JZAB

Livin the MEU life
pilot
hey every body just need a little help:) ..I am 25 and will be 26 this up comming september, I all be a junior in college next up coming fall 07 my major is Anthropolgy, GPA just below a 3.0, good health and phsysical condition. For what I understand PLC is no longer a option for me since I am to old right?:confused: so what's next, since I want to be a marine/naval aviator. Is OCS or is (OCC) my best option?:confused: I see some people talking about having calculus and physics for a math leve and a Ing degree for a better chances to get a slot, would my field affect me, becuase is to late change major plus I like my major:). What do you guys think? pls I need serious response..:)

My question to you is how old will you be when you graduate from college? I believe you cannot be any older than 27 or 27 1/2 when you are commissioned to become a pilot. I know because I am just on the cut off as age goes, I turn 27 in April and commission in May. You need to do the math and see if it is viable. If so have at it.

I hope you don't need an engineering degree; I'm finance major with little science background but did well on my ASTB.

JZAB

Livin the MEU life
pilot
Oh yay don’t go over board with the smiles some guys on here misconstrue it as being overly gay. LOL No hard feelings

JZAB

Livin the MEU life
pilot
or perhaps 'cheerful'

Maybe so but still overly gay :icon_tong J/K

Thread Jacktime: Slammer do you have a date for TBS yet? I have been waiting to here from my OSO regarding my commissioning paper work and was wondering if you have any idea how long, the wait is?

Enrique

i was just cheerful slammer2 Age.. I had no idea regarding the age..? any one with any info on the subejct

Enrique

Age?

'Do they have spelling for Marine candidates? Im now stupider for reading your post.'

well I guess you did

invertedflyer

500 ft. from said obstacle
don't worry about advanced degrees and such madness... I'd focus more on the above posts and your age when you graduate. oh and a good PFT score, thats a huge factor. GPA should be ok. You also need to think about taking the ASTB/ talking to an OSO.

Slammer2

SNFO Advanced, VT-86 T-39G/N
Contributor
Maybe so but still overly gay :icon_tong J/K

Thread Jacktime: Slammer do you have a date for TBS yet? I have been waiting to here from my OSO regarding my commissioning paper work and was wondering if you have any idea how long, the wait is?

I was supposed to go this summer. But when I went to P'cola for my flight physical last december and they told me that they yanked my SCL waiver, I have to get PRK next month. I'll have to wait 6 months after that, so I'll probably go at the end of the year or early next year. I'm trying to go first available so maybe someone will drop or something!!

Edit: When are you supposed to commission?