• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What not to do at OCS

sickboy

pilot
Does shoving the corpsman on his ass and shoving and attempting to swing on the SI count? Man that dude went home real fast...

I think any corpsman that has had to do that has had someone try to punch them. I know I have.

MasterBates

I didn't know AW people actually went through with this! I am thoroughly amused.

Rule #37 from the Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates.

37. There is no "overkill". There is only "open fire" and "I need to reload".

Bonus if you know where it comes from..

cdrsniper

Lovin' life....
Got another one to add to the " What not to do in OCS", so a few candio guys recently were "Under the influence" and decided to mess with a junior class real early in the morning and the staff found out about it..well.. they got the great SEAWALL as their reward!

Long story short... if your drunk, GO TO BED!!

So this happened this last weekend to some candidate officers at OCS....six candio's go to a bar in Destin, in civilian clothes, for a good time on liberty. Two problems already: 1. Destin is out of bounds by 4 miles (you can travel up to 50 miles while on liberty) 2. They aren't in uniform as is required while on liberty at OCS. One of them gets into a fight and the cops are called. No big deal...no one is arrested and everyone is ok.

However, the chain of command at OCS wants to know what happened. The candio's are asked by their class team if they were in uniform, to which they give an affirmative reply (i.e., "yes, we were in uniform.") Then they are called into the CO's office and he has the sherriff's report. It turns out that the COC already knew that the candio's weren't in uniform. Can you say "integrity violation"?

Now there are six candidate officers, who were in the 11th week of training (out of 12), that are being rolled back. They aren't being rolled back just one class, or even two classes. They are going back to the seawall. That means if they want to continue with their naval careers, they will have to start over and go through all of training at OCS again. They are actually lucky in this case because there was talk of them be attrited from the program.

What's the moral of the story? Don't ever lie at OCS. Don't break the rules at OCS. It is only 12 weeks. That is far too short a period of time for someone to screw up an entire career.

Thanks for the advice.

badger16

None
Here is one for all of us heading to Newport soon...

DON'T SHOW UP WITH A BOMBER JACKET ON AND THE CALLSIGN MAVERICK ALREADY!!!!!!

From what I heard, it happened today in the 10-08 class. Dear God I can only imagine what happened to him....

BackOrdered

Contributor

From what I heard, it happened today in the 10-08 class. Dear God I can only imagine what happened to him....

You're kidding right?

loadtoad

pilot
Contributor

I gave my buddy bad advice then?

There is an Ens walking around Whiting wearing a Tomcat patch. It almost as awesome as showing up to OCS with a bomber jacket. (hope its none of you guys)

utak

Hey Ben, that's about as bad as the BUD/S trainee who bragged in his hometown newspaper that "He'll Die Before He'll Quit", and his article and picture was printed out and posted in every corner of the Instructors office in all the Phases, plus above every urinal in the Center.

He had the world's fastest check in. Checked in already cleared by Medical (Instructors got his entire medical record faxed over), no need to measure size for gear issue (they called up Great Lakes and got his measurements), no need to stencil or label any of his gear (they did that too).

Poor dude only lasted 3 days. Didn't even class up for Indoc.

loadtoad

pilot
Contributor
Damn must of sucked to be him. That story reminds me of when a certain "bogey spotter" showed up for OCS. :icon_tong

Nick - check your PM

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Damn must of sucked to be him. That story reminds me of when a certain "bogey spotter" showed up for OCS. :icon_tong

Nick - check your PM

Man that was bad..... it seemed everyone knew more about my posts on AW than I did....