• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What is this all about

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhollin1

Let me ask you this. I live in Oceanside, CA, which is dead between San Diego and LA. I am currently going through the recruiter in San Diego seeing that I am still in San Diego County. Lets say that I no longer want the San Diego recruiter working for me. Could I call up the LA recruiter and trying my chances with him?

Pain...is weakness leaving the body

FlyGirl

Well Rhollin1, that all depends on how long this current guy is taking and if you feel he's just not doing his job or what...

I will say I wasn't "pushy" per say but did have a problem with my recruiter...after I took the test, he wouldn't tell me if I had pilot scores or not or what they were! I left the office very mad and called my friend, an LT. He thought that sounded wierd to...so the next day, with the Lt's suggestion, I called my recruiter's boss (an officer) and spoke with him -- in less than an hour I had my scores and my package was rolling again. :) But my recruiter was an enlisted chief and he was on recruiting for a stash duty for a while.

However, my new recruiter (I got him by my old one just leaving 2 months ago) is very prompt about things. I recently checked in with him and couldn't believe the files on his desk! I asked if numbers were still up for people wanting in....he said more than ever because of our current situation and the economy. Plus he is handling files in 4 different states and traveling...he said they didn't have enough people in our recruiting district to handle the number of files! So keep in mind, they may just be very busy!!!!

I would call or stop over personally and see him if you can do that. See how he's doing and if he gives reasonable answers. I wouldn't switch unless a red flag goes up..because who's to say the next one might be slower! Anyhow, my $.02 Hope it helps... :)

elkq

I would consider the fact that this person is handling your entire future, unlike a retirement broker or car salesman that blows you off this person can change everything about your life. Keeping that in mind, consider whether the recruiter in SD is handling you with the attention you deserve.

rhollin1

I'm not saying that he is doing a bad job. I am just a little considered because he has said that I am, "a mile away from being done". All I have left to do is the PRT; get him my last letter of recommendation and my birth certificate. The letter should be on his desk in a couple of days. I have the PRT scheduled for the 25th and I can give him my birth certificate then. So what else is there? I'm a bit confused. I'm not really dissatisfied with his performance; actually he has been quite helpful. I am constantly emailing him and he is always quick to answer my questions. I don't know, I just can't help be thinking he is trying to delay it for some reason. On a different topic. I had a dream last night that my package was rejected for medical reasons, but I have a clean bill of health. That's scary.

jaznups

hey rhollin who's your recruiter?

I'm at UCSD right now and was just curious. My recruiter is actually in Chicago and is using part of his VIP trip to SD to get my PRT done so I can ship off my application. I also ask this because a recruiter from SD was trying to get my recruiter to ship all my info to him. I'm assuming so he can get the quota points...
(I would NEVER do that to my recruiter. He's a great guy and woke up at 4am and drove a many miles to pick me up and take me to get my physical at Great Lakes b/c he hates MEPS, in which I'm greatful!)

Jaz

rhollin1

I have LCDR Toppin at the Fleet Anti-Submarine Warfare Center by the airport. He is good guy. He is quick to answer any questions I have. I have a feeling that he is extremely busy so handling my paperwork might take a little longer than I wish, but what do ya do? Good luck jaznups.

jaznups

I think I met him at a college fair here at UCSD. I am a student at Dartmouth college but am doing a term here at UCSD just because I can, I guess :-P I will hopefully get in for some time after June 2005. I think it would be cool to know that Im in or not b4 I study abroad. But I have to wait til I get my acsessions Interview... which I hear is pivotal to getting into CEC...

There are two kinds of people that amaze me -- those that know absolutely everything and those that know absolutely nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.