• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What is this all about

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhollin1

Ok, I've taken the exam, been to MEPS, recruiter has transcripts on his desk, two letters of rec are on his desk, and the last one is in the mail. The PRT is scheduled for Oct 25th. I was under the impression that this was all that needed to be done before submitting my package. I asked my recruiter how much longer would it be before we can submit it and he said, "Your package is miles away from being completed". Ok so I emailed him back saying, "I don't understand. I was thought that all I had left to do was the PRT, get you my LOR and my birth certificate. What else is there?” He emails me back saying, "Yes, but there are functions we have to do before it is ready to go." What the hell does this mean? I am totally confused with this statement. From your experience, what was left at my point in the process?

Thanx

Pain...is weakness leaving the body

cman

Rhollin, the only thing I can think of is the background check. I'm not really sure what goes on in the recruiter's office, so I can't say for sure. But if that is the case, and you've got all the things your responsible for done, then it sounds like your recruiter needs to get his ass on the ball.

Chris

rhollin1

How do I go about saying that to him without pissing him off and causing him to delay it or work slowly on it?

Adrenaline Rush

hahah, i wouldnt say that,, i would say "what else can i do to get my package ready" and if its nothing, then its out of your control, i was told my package would be ready in august, its now october and it just got out,, patience is something i wish i had for moments like this...

rhollin1

I'll probably say something like, Sir I've think I've done everything that I can possibly do. How can I speed up the process?

JayManC

when i got my package there was a checklist in it, just to make sure that everything was included. If youve done your visit to meps, and have the PRT in order, then the only other thing i can think of, is possibly awaiting the background check, and possibly a visit to NRD for fingerprinting.

<insert something witty here:>

sonnyb

rhollin1

Have you completed your EPSQ and application for commission? If so, i would think you're set to go. I don't understand what your recruiter means by saying there are still 'functions' to be completed. The EPSQ can be time consuming and annoying to complete.

Agent00JP

There are some things to be done on your recruiters end, INCLUDING A LETTER FROM HIM ABOUT YOU, so be very polite and professional about making sure that you have done everything you need for your packet to leave. However, DO NOT be pushy with your recruiter. The Navy will not stop functioning if your app doesn't get in tomorrow and remember you are applying for a job from an employer that has the benefit of being very selective of who it offers right now. Back up, regroup and acclimate yourself to the waiting that is incumbent in military service.

JP

FlyGirl

Go with Agent00JP's suggestion...but I would call, speak to him personally and see what's going on with the package. You don't want to let it ride...I mean this IS a job, so follow up like you would after an interview with a major company. Plus, I do think they want to see assertiveness...we are applying for officer positions afterall. (But don't be "pushy" or arguementative.) Anyhow, Just my $.02.

rhollin1

sonnyb

Yes, I have completed the EPSQ and application for commission.

Agent00JP

What do you mean the recruiter has to submit a letter "about me"? What does this letter consist of?

kraemer77

Rhollin1:

The letter is basically the recruiters recommendations. I am not sure of the specifics of the letter but the same thing slowed down my kit. I believe they take everything you have in your kit and organize the info into a succinct format, along with their own impression of you as an applicant. The motto for the Marines was "Hurry up and wait" and I am pretty sure that motto holds true for all branches. You are now at a point were the recruiters have you by the short and curlies--relax, you have done everything right up to this point--it will leave soon--mine was unattended for over a month after I had completed all of the necessary paperwork.

kraemer77

ghost_ttu

well I never knew about this. Looks like I'm screwed, cause I passed pushy a long time ago. Not since my application has gone in, but getting my application complete my recruiter and I went back and forth. He would contact me and tell me it's time to go and I'd go bull rushing ahead to get things done. But once I start things you had better get on board or you'll get left and when I was doing all the application stuff (PRT, ASTB) my recruiter learned this about me.

"praying to the SNA board gods couldn't hurt...."

Heineken

SNA Advanced, Meridian
I know how you feel, I had to stay on my recruiter everyday untill my package was complete, and in the mail. Let him or her know how much this means to you and keep in constant contact with him/her. It was a 6 month process.

ghost_ttu

well I started back in March, been through one rejection, so he'll just have to suck it up. Henne I believe you and I have the same guy. I'm hoping he'll toss his weight around and make this happen.

"praying to the SNA board gods couldn't hurt...."

Status
Not open for further replies.