• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What is the NFO training

Status
Not open for further replies.

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
VP= Fixed Wing Patrol

So lets see, Joe Carrier should get free room and board, plus his BAH. Joe VP should get no money for room and board and pay for his BOQ/Hotel/Tent out of his BAH...plus any mortgage...or maybe the rent back home for sweetie and the 10 pound sentient p!ss and sh!t machines...uh....no....

Math time. So lets say I get 1400 bucks a month for BAH (Honolulu for O-3). For argument's sake, P-3 per diem does not exist. I am in Bahrain and due to the current situation, there are no government quarters available. Great! "Super-Dee-Lux Ho-Tell" here I come. Oh. Uh, 75 bucks a day. Ok sure. Check out time, "3 weeks, that will be 1575 dollars...Uh oh." (yes I have stayed in hotels on deployment for 3 weeks at a time) "Oh, by the way, there are no messing facilites for you...all meals come out of pocket."

The "butter money" from per diem is what is left over after you pay your essentials (i.e. room fee). You can take your 20-40 bucks a day and eat room service and have nothing left over. Or you can eat buckwheat noodles and grilled cheese at the PropStop/GeeDunk/RatShack and spend a whopping 5 bucks on food daily. Is it a good deal? You better believe it.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
wink said:
I'll never believe any VP guy is worth $100+ per day!!!
Hell we were worth 10x that back in the S-3 ASW days. It was responsibility pay for being the Scene of Action Commander and having to keep the S-3s from f-ing it all up! :eek: :D

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Zab, you protest too much. Can't argue with the math because I don't know the current numbers. I do know that I have never met a VP guy that doesn't brag about how much money he takes home in per diem, how good the food was, and how cold the beer was. So what is it? 23 years of listening to VP guys tell stories of fat checks or your math lesson.

I guess HAL must not have been in the P-3 crew that lost contact on the Charlie I located on westpac. VS/HS tracked for a record number of hours until VP assumed SAC and promptly lost him. Someone forgot to tell that crew they were paid the big bucks to cover my back side.

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
OK OK, here's what is really in the tube...geez

now...I hate the Air Force...come on, WHO's WITH MEEEEE???

Attachments

• BASE PIC.JPG
    BASE PIC.JPG
    23.7 KB · Views: 58

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
zab, we need a higher resolution picture, who's back there in the rack? :)

Yeah, the smurfs are awfully quiet lately....

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
wink said:
I guess HAL must not have been in the P-3 crew that lost contact on the Charlie I located on westpac and VS/HS tracked for a record number of hours until VP assumed SAC and promptly lost him. Someone forgot to tell that crew they were paid the big bucks to cover my back side.
Touché :)

Status
Not open for further replies.