• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What is the current status of DORs/Fallen Angels?

HighDimension

pilot
Contributor
The last redes board allowed DOR's to separate from the Navy and owe nothing. I guess the next board will work differently?

Godspeed

His blood smells like cologne.
pilot
The last redes board allowed DOR's to separate from the Navy and owe nothing. I guess the next board will work differently?

I'm glad actually. As a former BDCPer, I had to sign a contract a year ago (because I was an OCS grad), stating that if I was attrited or DOR'd, I wouldn't be redesignated. I would be separated from the NAVY. I always thought this was odd, because Uncle Sam sunk over $100,000+ into me from the BDCP program (more than most public school ROTC scholarships)....

Yet they still wanted to just separate me if something bad happened. I was never worried about DOR'ing, but always wanted the opportunity to redesignate if I got poked in the eye with a stick or something.

I'd rather still be an officer in the NAVY than take my chances out in the civilian sector (especially in the current economic condition). The more I read up on the anti-SWO thread, I'd probably lean towards Supply or something sub-surface :-D

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I wonder what this could mean for people who attrited recently but before this new word came down. My roommate failed out and got the word she's being kicked out of the Navy, but she's still in through mid summer. I wonder if she was interested now if she could resubmit a redes package?

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
I'm not sure if they treat attrites differently than DORs. I just know now they are not giving the DORs an EASY out.

-ea6bflyr ;)

Yeah, I'm not sure why they attrited, performance, DOR, NPQ, etc. I know at least one was attrited for performance, I asked him.

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
I wonder what this could mean for people who attrited recently but before this new word came down. My roommate failed out and got the word she's being kicked out of the Navy, but she's still in through mid summer. I wonder if she was interested now if she could resubmit a redes package?
It sure as hell can't hurt, and shows she's still motivated to be in.