• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What is the current status of DORs/Fallen Angels?

Grease

Hi all,
Long time lurker first time poster.

Not really an API question, but I bet those guys keep their ears pretty close to the tracks on things like this.

I was wondering if anyone knows if the Navy still has too many officers or if they have resolved the problem. I remember hearing that OCS guys had been sent home and that recently Academy and NROTC guys were also being let go instead of being allowed to redesignate. Its been a few months since I got an update and was curious if the Navy had resolved this problem.

Thanks in advance!
Grease

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Fill out your profile. Then we'll address your question.

Grease

Current Naval Officer Situation

The last thread got locked, I'm guessing because I didn't know people cared if I filled out my profile.

Not really an API question, but I bet those guys keep their ears pretty close to the tracks on things like this.

I was wondering if anyone knows if the Navy still has too many officers or if they have resolved the problem. I remember hearing that OCS guys had been sent home and that recently Academy and NROTC guys were also being let go instead of being allowed to redesignate. Its been a few months since I got an update and was curious if the Navy had resolved this problem.

I am thinking about going to OCS and trying to become a pilot. A friend of mine had said that this was the situation but he finished API and I havn't heard from him since. I just don't want to go through OCS and then get told "Thanks for trying, but..." because something doesn't work out with aviation.

Thanks in advance,
Grease

Casual

Jammin'
None
I've never heard of anyone being "let go" like you are describing. If you DOR or are attritted from flight school, then yes, you may be separated from the Navy instead of re-designated if you don't owe the Navy any money from ROTC or the Academy.

eddie

Working Plan B
Contributor
The last thread got locked, I'm guessing because I didn't know people cared if I filled out my profile.

I am thinking about going to OCS and trying to become a pilot. A friend of mine had said that this was the situation but he finished API and I havn't heard from him since. I just don't want to go through OCS and then get told "Thanks for trying, but..." because something doesn't work out with aviation.

Thanks in advance,
Grease

If your profile (pic and all) is any indcator, you'll do ok around here.

I, however, cannot answer your question. Just remember to try and generally "read first, ask questions later." And you should be ok.

Don't ask questions about ratios of successful acquisition of turbofan aircraft slots either. You will face Bannation.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Don't ask questions about ratios of successful acquisition of turbofan aircraft slots either. You will face Bannation.
This, ladies and gentlemen, is a textbook example of the Ready Room Exception. +1. :D

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Please read CNATRA's post he made on the forum regarding acessions.

For those that attrite, go med down, etc, before or after winging, be advised that there have been recent changes with the Force Shaping board. In the last year many studs were released from active duty. Now, that is not the case, and you will now go up for redisignation. For the junior personnel here, this all goes in cycles, and is nothing that really suprises many of us older (wiser?) hands.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Please read CNATRA's post he made on the forum regarding acessions.

...For the junior personnel here, this all goes in cycles, and is nothing that really suprises many of us older (wiser?) hands.

For those Studs and Wannabes who are saying, "Who's 'mark guadagnininini?'" he's CNATRA. As in, the Admiral who owns your ass in the TRACOM.

I know some of you idiots will still go with whatever your roommate or sister's boyfriend or that crazy running guy on Hwy 98 says, but this is as Straight From The Top as it gets.

All this crap has happened before, and will happen again. Just don't suck in the VT's, and you won't have to worry about attrition.

Bevo16

pilot
For those Studs and Wannabes who are saying, "Who's 'mark guadagnininini?'" he's CNATRA. As in, the Admiral who owns your ass in the TRACOM.

For my first 6 months or so as a stash Ensign/API nugget, I had no idea who this "CNATRA" guy was or why everyone was always bringing him up. I was not paying a hell of a lot of attention to anything that was not wearing a bikini on Pensacola Beach or directly involved my path toward wings, and I honestly thought that "Sinatra" was someone's call sign. As in this guy:

anonymous-frank-sinatra-8401034.jpg

I had figured out using context clues that it was someone pretty senior, but just thought it was a skinny Captain who could sing. Didn't know, didn't care, didn't matter. Now if we ever had a Chief of Naval Air Training who was named Frank, that would be really funny.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Interesting change is coming about. The Navy is re-evaluating the way it does business with respect to SNFO & SNA DORs:

As of last week, anyone who who submits their DOR and is under a STA-21, NROTC, BDCP, or Academy commitment WILL re-designate in order to repay incurred debts and commitments.

I would put it past Big Navy to make recent DOR students available for Individual Augmentations while awaiting re-designation board results.

More to follow via official channels.

Edit: See Web-San's link above.

-ea6bflyr ;)

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
You say Ce-NA-TRA, Bevo thinks Sinatra....

for my first 6 months or so as a stash ensign/api nugget, i had no idea who this "cnatra" guy was or why everyone was always bringing him up. i was not paying a hell of a lot of attention to anything that was not wearing a bikini on pensacola beach or directly involved my path toward wings, and i honestly thought that "sinatra" was someone's call sign. As in this guy:

anonymous-frank-sinatra-8401034.jpg

i had figured out using context clues that it was someone pretty senior, but just thought it was a skinny captain who could sing. Didn't know, didn't care, didn't matter. Now if we ever had a chief of naval air training who was named frank, that would be really funny.

+1

BTW, Frank was an O-6 alright*, but not in the Navy...

*at least in Hollywood

iFD21AD59-A9AE-4951-B3B5-B0C15D46DD93.jpg

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
*Sigh*

The more things change and all . . . I can think of some guys from my YG who would probably have been good spies, chops, or shoes. I wonder how many future flag officers the Navy has purged itself of over the years by sticking them in the wrong community when overmanned.

<- Great uncle was a seasick SWO turned Supply CDR

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
The "fallen angels" at Whiting, at least the ones working for Stucon, are all being processed out. Not sure why they attrited though.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The "fallen angels" at Whiting, at least the ones working for Stucon, are all being processed out. Not sure why they attrited though.

I'm not sure if they treat attrites differently than DORs. I just know now they are not giving the DORs an EASY out.

-ea6bflyr ;)