• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What in the hell is an Iranian F-5 Phantom?

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Looks a lot like the F-14 Eagles they fly.

SDNalgene

Blind. Continue...
pilot
No, this report is accurate. In an effort to get Phantoms airborne the Iranians were forced to use an F-5 as a rob bird, hence F-5 Phantom. Give the interns some credit. Just wait until you find yourself at the merge with the P-3 Tomcat...you're screwed, man!

CAMike

None
Contributor
The Iranians engineers are apparently fairly resourceful. New ones can be expensive. "Bolt Ons" are cheaper in the long run.

F5 Phantom2.jpg

helolumpy

Apprentice School Principal
pilot
Contributor
Dennis Miller had a rant about how the News went from "getting it first and getting it right" to just getting it first and not worrying about accuracy.

I think it also went with the demise of journalists being actual journalists rather than being pretty faces reading teleprompters. Although I will admit, I'm very much looking forward to the Playboy "Girls of Fox News" Issue!!

Hozer

Jobu needs a refill!
None
Contributor
whoa....slow down there...this is much more I-ran speed.

4081378_std.jpg

pilot_man

Ex-Rhino driver
pilot
Funny how they photoshoped the light reflections from the indoor display of the F-313 onto the jet flying around the Iranian mountains. And to think that this is what we would be up against.

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
The Iranians engineers are apparently fairly resourceful. New ones can be expensive. "Bolt Ons" are cheaper in the long run.
Hell. a fleet of these 'Stealth A-4 "Bughawks" wouldn't rupture the Mullah's treasury, and they are air-refuelable!:D

Attachments

• A-4 Bughawk2 001.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 72

SDNalgene

Blind. Continue...
pilot
I don't understand why the F-313 needs to be capable of inflight refueling? I thought it wasn't classified as an aircraft, but rather as a consumable part, meant for only a single brief use, kind of like a condom?

Oh, what's that? You say it's cardboard and clingwrap held together by hot glue and photoshopped over a picturesque mountain? This is my surprised face...