• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What if you receive a 4 year scholarship to a school you don't want to attend?

Johnnyo'

Victory is mine
The time it takes for you to receive the scholarship really varies. I completed mine early, I think thats why i heard back fairly quickly. By the way, you should check UVA; great school and program

jtellez

My top three choices are VMI, Vtech and UVA. I can't get into UVA so a scholarship there would do me no good, so I hope I get one for for VMI. I really hope to hear back soon, all the waiting is driving me crazy haha. I check my status at least 10 times a day. Well since I got that last screen up and I'm in my third month, hopefully I'll hear back soon. Oh and btw, when you got the good news, was it from checking online or someone calling you or a letter in the mail? And did you just get informed you got a scholarship or did you know to what school it was for?

Johnnyo'

Victory is mine
Yea when my scholarhsip status was still pending I checked it often. But hey, my advice to you is just chill, its senior year. I originally found out by checking online and then the officer recruiter in Richmond called the same day. Your school assignment is listed when you receive notice.

jtellez

It has now been 3 months... 3 long months of waiting and checking my status everyday... I really hope to hear back soon...

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
something to consider

jtellez said:
It has now been 3 months... 3 long months of waiting and checking my status everyday... I really hope to hear back soon...

It'll come eventually... think about calling your regional director (if that's the title? Mine was a Chief) and he told me what was holding up on my scholarship was that Villanova was full already and were looking into getting me there... unfortuneately, that didn't happen and was very shortly given afterwards the scholarship to Penn State... which in the end, I guess I'm glad did happen, if it was awarded to Villanova, it would have made my decision to do USNAF vs. NROTC that much harder as much as I really enjoyed Penn State.

Good luck all.

BrittO

pilot
Ok well this happend to me back in may 01. I was awarded a scholarship to UCLA and i wanted to go to USD. I had to write to CNET and request the change to my scholarship. They said no but told me that if i didnt want to go to UCLA, to go to USD and do the college program and after a semester if i did well they would award the scholarship to USD..which is exactly what i did and i am now awaiting jet training in meridian!!