• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What happens After Selection

Rubiks06

pilot
Wow, my enlisted experience was a little different. Everyone was really supportive and didn't really feel singled out at all. I guess like anything its who you are around. I have also heard of CCC "messing up" packages though.

Rubiks06

pilot
...and the fact that Direct Input Limited Duty Officers (DILDO) are making fun of anyone.....

EM1toNFO

Killing insurgents with my 'messages'!!
None
...and the fact that Direct Input Limited Duty Officers (DILDO) are making fun of anyone.....

They should get made fun of the most.. They did at least when I went though NNPTC... way back in late99'-early01'

I was the only to apply in my recruiting district last year. Before me, they didn't know what to send, when to send it, what the instruction said. Now, that I'm down the street (literally), I regularly stop by and speak with a few people, including the new CO (who was the previous XO). There were quite a few packages sent off this year.

I had a fellow first class I worked for when I started recruiting that told me If I hated being a nuke to apply. He consistently pushed me to finish my package up. I'm glad he did. He's now a Chief and I'm on my way to butter bars. He WILL be putting my shoulder boards on!

However, I had those Chiefs and other first classes that told me I was selling out. But, hey it's not their life. They weren't in the engine room with me.

Just let it roll off your shoulders... I plan on going back to my old command every so often to help those out, who don't know where to start an application.

BTW, it's pretty funny seeing kids (that you actively recruited) faces when you show up on a Saturday morning to re-take you ACT/SAT's because they're too old.

Anyway, the time after selection goes by really fast... get what you can done now...

That's probably more than $.02, but whatever...

OC (former EM1)