• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What Does It Mean To Be "Mashed"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave Shutter

gnorman...passing out-mins is the best possible place to be. Morning PT will be a breeze and it will be one less thing to worry about. In OCS you'll run at least 10 miles a week , all of it on sh!tty asphalt. For some people this is nothing, others not. In addition to improving your time you need your joints to be used to this. You'll also be on your feet all day, marching and "driving your heels". This doesn't help if your shins and joints start to get sore. Stress fractures are the most common injuries and believe me, walking around in pain for 3 months sucks. If your running on a soft cushy track you need to hit the street. If your time needs improving alternate your regular pace with 50, then 100 yrd. sprints for at least two miles per session. This works wonders. Ice will be your new best friend. Good luck!

eaw75

I don't know why everyone passes crappy gouge sbout PFA standards, but its been happening since I started checking out this site. I am at OCS right now. the increments are 5 year (ie. 20-24, 25-29, 30-34). I'm not trying to be a jerk, but whoever was here "back when" please stop passing bad gouge.

Hartman

Bottom line...................there's no level of fitness that will make the pain non-existant when you arrive at OCS. Just remember that there's a "Private Pile" in every class. Don't let it be you!

Warlord

SNA Hopeful
Does anyone know if you're allowed to lift weights at OCS... is there a weight room? Do you have time? Thanks.

grouch

Not only will you not have time, you won't want to. You sure don't want your DI to think he hasn't worked you hard enough.

robv182

Gotta have the Nutz
None
You won't have the time during OCS for weight training. The free time you get will be dedicated to getting away to unwind and catch up on sleep. We would get a hotel room on the weekends just so we could sleep and not be disturbed.

SPOOK_SW

There is a gym at OCS that you can use prior to the 11th week of training. The only catch is you have to be in GTX to use it. GTX is the last place you want to end up in while at OCS. You will not need a gym or have time to use it any way. There will be plenty of exercise to ensure you at least leave Pensacola in good shape.

Status
Not open for further replies.