• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What Does It Mean To Be "Mashed"

Status
Not open for further replies.

zuggerat

for all those in OCS who have takin or are taking the beatings... ive been readin up on the journals and stuff...what does it mean to be mashed...i'd imagine it's not good...just from the sounds of it, if i was mashed i would not be happy

Borncreole

It is pretty much a cycle of PT nonstop between exercises. Push-ups, followed by 8 count body builders, sit ups. jumping jacks ext.. it just doesn't stop until 'they' are ready. When you cant do any more push ups you start sit ups or leg lifts something like that.

royjones

Dude,i have not been to OCS yet but you know that mashed is getting mashed. you know that the running is going to happen, the push ups are going to happen, and the sit ups will happen. Get your head together dude you have to be in shape when you get there because you will be tested in your first days there. Sleep i don't think there will be much of that either. At least for the first two to three weeks. Start working out now. You'll need it....

zuggerat

Yeah i know ive got a lotta stuff to do...Thanx guys i really appreciate it...Ive still got a year or so before i start the application process. Ill be ready. OCS will fear me not the other way around

Dave Shutter

Best advice I can give having showed up for OCS in decent shape VS. great shape is that when you take your in-PRT the first week you'll feel like complete crap. Starting Sun. you're on your feet all day screaming, you're not sleeping at all, you get sick right away from everyone else's germs and the food is dreadful for the first 3 weeks it takes to get used to it. If it's summertime and you're not from a southern climate you're going to suffer bigtime. Bottom line, you'll be 80% at best come in-prt time Wed. afternoon. If you're barely passing it now, you won't do so hot. Fail the in-mins and you roll to GTX purgatory, fail to meet out-mins and you get lots of special attention untill you do. Take it for what it's worth.

NFOtoBE

VP-5 NFO
Depends on your age group. A Good-Low or better. Basically for most OCS candidates its:
(20-24 yrs)
58 sit ups
47 push ups (21 for females)
and the 1.5 mile run under 12:00 (14:15 for females)
(25-30 yrs)
54 sit ups
44 push ups (19 for females)
and the run under 12:53 (14:53 for females)

gnorman911

Originally posted by Dave Shutter
Best advice I can give having showed up for OCS in decent shape VS. great shape is that when you take your in-PRT the first week you'll feel like complete crap. Starting Sun. you're on your feet all day screaming, you're not sleeping at all, you get sick right away from everyone else's germs and the food is dreadful for the first 3 weeks it takes to get used to it. If it's summertime and you're not from a southern climate you're going to suffer bigtime. Bottom line, you'll be 80% at best come in-prt time Wed. afternoon. If you're barely passing it now, you won't do so hot. Fail the in-mins and you roll to GTX purgatory, fail to meet out-mins and you get lots of special attention untill you do. Take it for what it's worth.

Just wondering what kind of shape would you recommend for starting ocs. My running needs allot of help, but I just wanted to know what I should shoot for in order to be in good standing when I get there. thanks.

submariner8

I've heard some say that while the PT last the whole time you are at OCS, the "mashing" usually ends around the 9th or 10th week, depending on the drill instructor. Does anyone know if this is true???

zuggerat

off topic but...anyone know when they're gonna stop training people on the F-14 since it's being retired sometime around 2010.

paullatina

I've heard that OCS still uses the "old" PRT standards - in that their broken down to 10yr categories instead of the "new" 5 year categories per age group. Is this true or are they using the "new" scale like the rest of the fleet?

Thanks in advance.. -Paul

dfflynn

Ok to answer a few of these Questions, For the most part the mashings do go away after the 9th week because the out-PFA is in week 10 and they want you to perform your best. The standards are the new ones(5yr breakdown) but it is not an average score that they use, to pass the OUT-PFA you must score a Excellent Medium our better on each of the three portions. As far as what kind of shape to be in, you should focus on building endurance, being able to do as many psh-ups and sit-ups as possible. Those of you who lift weights should work reps and not weight because any mass you put on now you will just lose at OCS.

Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.