• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What does FEX stand for?

scotty008

Back at last
pilot
jboomer said:
If you're in Quantico: 100% chance of sleet and snow.

-You forgot to mention the freezing rain... Not quite rain, not quite sleet, but garunteed to make you miserable. Its especially nice in the defense, or for manning the saw on firewatch. I guess its the age-old toss-up between being a heat casualty in the Summer, or miserable in Winter. Either way makes for a wonderful six months.

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
Or how about a light rain with the temp just above freezing and having the PLT on 25% only to find out that you get the SAW and your fireteam is down to two people because the rest are going out to an LP/OP...yeah, nothing like the whole 50% 25% gig...

LSUMarine

Lay off me! I'm starving!
brd2881 said:
FEX = misery..enuff said

Really? And sitting in a classroom all day doesn't equal misery?
FEX = Getting out in the trees in miserable weather and doing Marine stuff. A little suck, alot of great. Most of my best memories of TBS come from FEX's, not from the classroom or TDG's.

note: and I was Alpha Co so I know about miserable weather

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
LSUMarine said:
Really? And sitting in a classroom all day doesn't equal misery?
FEX = Getting out in the trees in miserable weather and doing Marine stuff. A little suck, alot of great. Most of my best memories of TBS come from FEX's, not from the classroom or TDG's.

note: and I was Alpha Co so I know about miserable weather

Your right to a degree...it is great to get out and actually put the ideas to use and actually do Marine stuff but then again the misery of sitting in a classroom at least your dry and for the most part warm, though there were some heating issues as I recall. Great memories from the FEXs but then again the worst moments at TBS were also there as well. The positive memories stand out more now, some months later...