• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What do you think makes a "bad" leader?

What is the worst trait of a bad leader?

• Total voters

KBayDog

I love how folks who have never been in the military think leadership can be boiled down to a few pithy quotes...

Sounds like good marketing to me. You've got to remember that the target audience of that magazine tends to gravitate towards the types of books that take famous guys in uniform (or "Motivational Speakers) and try to, as you correctly put it, boil their leadership/careers into a few pithy quotes. They are they types that draw parallels between, say, Fallujah in Nov '04 with their upcoming merger talks with the Nakatomi Corporation.

BTW, we're not all that much better as far as thinking that everything can be simplified into pithy sayings...except we do it via our "clever" acronyms and talking points.

helolumpy

Apprentice School Principal
pilot
Contributor
BTW, we're not all that much better as far as thinking that everything can be simplified into pithy sayings...except we do it via our "clever" acronyms and talking points.

Don't forget it needs to be in 5 paragraph format!

BackOrdered

Contributor
Not having empathy enough to understand your people's issues and lead accordingly. That doesn't mean catering to them, but I found I had an easier time with bad news when my guys know I did my homework as far as how bad news will affect them.

Guy who forget that tend to have their sailors forget them.