• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What can I do now?

WishICouldFly

UO Future Pork Chop
Another of these horrible liberal institutions, the University of Oregon (Wannabe Berkeley sans Naked protests) has produced the most General Officers in the US Army out of all civilian institutions.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Actually .... it was you. And perhaps one other "offender", eh.

Just messing with your mind, eh??? :D

Hoser......;)

BobnDoug.jpg

Not compared to Bob Jones University:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Jones_University
(read the Student Rules section)

Criticism of Catholicism and Mormonism
The three Bob Joneses, especially Bob Jones, Jr., sharply criticized the Roman Catholic Church. For instance, Jones, Jr. once said that Catholicism was "not another Christian denomination. It is a satanic counterfeit, an ecclesiastic tyranny over the souls of men....It is the old harlot of the book of the Revelation—'the Mother of Harlots.'" All popes, Jones asserted, "are demon possessed." In 2000, then-president Bob Jones III referred, on the University's web page, to Mormons and Catholics as "cults which call themselves Christian."[42] Furthermore, in 1966, BJU awarded an honorary doctorate to the Rev. Ian Paisley, future British MP, leader of the Democratic Unionist Party, and Moderator of the Free Presbyterian Church of Ulster, who has referred to the Pope as a "Roman anti-Christ."
Bob Jones III has argued that the University is not so much anti-Catholic or anti-Mormon as it is opposed to the idea that all men, regardless of religious beliefs, will eventually get to heaven: "Our shame would be in telling people a lie, and thereby letting them go to hell without Christ because we loved their goodwill more than we loved them and their souls…. All religion, including Catholicism, which teaches that salvation is by religious works or church dogma is false. Religion that makes the words of its leader, be he Pope or other, equal with the Word of God is false. Sola Scriptura. From the time of the Reformation onward, it has been understood that there is no commonality between the Bible way, which is justification by faith in the shed blood of Jesus Christ, and salvation by works, which the faithful, practicing Catholic embraces."

I'm a devout and practicing Catholic!

kevkwondo08

HEY!!! As long as we're shitting on right-wing institutions of "higher learning" that most of you know NOTHING about, save what you "hear or read" ....

How about THIS one??? ALWAYS a favorite back in the old days -- really hasn't changed too much, either .... :)

UC BERKELEY

This is a cheap attempt at "lol liberals r dum am I rite?" Look at who has come out of Berkeley vs. who has come out of Bob Jones or Liberty. Oh, and Mr. Catholic, when you go outside of the metaphorical wall of your insular life as a homeschooled student, be understanding of other people's religions. I had two homeschooled kids prostelyzing me for weeks after I told them I was agnostic. People don't really care what anyone's religion is, as long as they're cool about it. But I'm sure you'll do fine, and good luck with achieving your goal!

raptor10

Philosoraptor
Contributor
This is a cheap attempt at "lol liberals r dum am I rite?" Look at who has come out of Berkeley vs. who has come out of Bob Jones or Liberty. Oh, and Mr. Catholic, when you go outside of the metaphorical wall of your insular life as a homeschooled student, be understanding of other people's religions. I had two homeschooled kids prostelyzing [sic] me for weeks after I told them I was agnostic. People don't really care what anyone's religion is, as long as they're cool about it. But I'm sure you'll do fine, and good luck with achieving your goal!

Interesting...

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
How about these?
And a Pensacola favorite, Pensacola Christian College.....take a look at the rules and regs......and the kicker is that it is not even accredited......:eek:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pensacola_Christian_College

I drove by their campus yesterday. It's actually a pretty legit campus and looks like some large business complex or a big time school, so you know money is flowing through their doors.

kevkwondo08

Defensive much?

I'm practicing. Obviously this was a very offensive tirade, and I apologize. I just got sick of those kids, and I thought it was pure folly to equate Berkeley with such schools.

P.S. I'm the guy that sucks.
P.P.S. Plus I got depression

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
This is a cheap attempt at "lol liberals r dum am I rite?" Look at who has come out of Berkeley vs. who has come out of Bob Jones or Liberty. Oh, and Mr. Catholic, when you go outside of the metaphorical wall of your insular life as a homeschooled student, be understanding of other people's religions. I had two homeschooled kids prostelyzing me for weeks after I told them I was agnostic. People don't really care what anyone's religion is, as long as they're cool about it. But I'm sure you'll do fine, and good luck with achieving your goal!

What's YOUR problem??? I think I stated I had a scholarship to Berkeley --- and I would have taken it ---- I just wasn't rich enough to do it all, even with a "full-ride" NROTC scholarship.

P.S. .... I'm not religious, Junior.

Plus ... your post is gibberish. Incoherent, at best.

kevkwondo08

What's YOUR problem??? I think I stated I had a scholarship to Berkeley --- and I would have taken it ---- I just wasn't rich enough to do it all, even with a "full-ride" NROTC scholarship.

P.S. .... I'm not religious, Junior.

Plus ... your post is gibberish. Incoherent, at best.

That's what I get for posting right after work. But as I previously stated, I thought it was silly to compare Berkeley and Bob Jones as bastions of ridiculous partisanship, and to say that children who are homeschooled don't have any social problems at all. And to be equally condescending, don't forget your pills, old man.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
That's what I get for posting right after work. But as I previously stated, I thought it was silly to compare Berkeley and Bob Jones as bastions of ridiculous partisanship, and to say that children who are homeschooled don't have any social problems at all. And to be equally condescending, don't forget your pills, old man.

You still don't get the original intent of my posts, do you??? You obviously (and not too many things in this world are obvious) didn't read them through. When you don't understand something, it's usually best to just sleep on it, instead of making excuses for "posting right after work".

And if you're gonna make excuses -- at least be consistent. Pretend you're clueless. Don't show disrespect to Winged Aviators on this forum or call senior officers "old man" and tell them not to "forget your pills" ... 'cause you're gonna get benched.

That's a promise .... what the hell, I'm gonna bench you anyway. See ya in a week.

You'd get much worse in the Navy ....

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I drove by their campus yesterday. It's actually a pretty legit campus and looks like some large business complex or a big time school, so you know money is flowing through their doors.

Well, if you read up on it you would see how they get their money......publishing of all places......

Looks can be decieving anyways.......;)