• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What are you reading?

M. Karlos Green

This book was a damn good book. If you plan to hold any leadership role, this book is instrumental in understanding the role and how to navigate it.

41u6g8WbS0L._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

jmcquate

Contributor
Just finished this book. It's an easy and quick read that describes how an obscure clockmaker cracked the code on a problem that vexed sailors for a VERY LONG time. It's not a new book (I believe 1995), and I'm not sure how, or when, it ended up on my bookshelf, but I picked it up before a recent work trip and am very glad I did.

View attachment 14861
Is that about the "Royal Academy of Sciences" (sic) prize for an ocean going clock?

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I haven't read the book (though I need to), but "a few" years ago, I watched the movie the night before visiting Greenwich. Pretty cool to see the actual clock designs in person right after watching (or reading) about them the day before. It made the visit far more interesting and relevant.

Recovering LSO

Suck Less
pilot
Contributor
The Pentagon Wars. Old book, many of you have probably read it. I've seen the movie, twice. Having not read the book when I saw the movie, I figured it was mostly satirical and loosely based on a book. It wasn't until I picked up the book a few weeks ago that I learned just how not-funny, and actually sad the movie was.

Screen Shot 2015-09-09 at 2.19.55 PM.png

This book, surrounded by some controversy, seems like it will be an interesting read as well.

Screen Shot 2015-09-09 at 2.20.43 PM.png

robav8r

None
Contributor
Almost done with this book now which will be the focus of my elective concentration. Ori wrote another book as well called the "Starfish & the Spider." Some good (albeit "different") ways to look at strategic leadership . . . .

upload_2015-9-9_16-44-33.png