• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What are my chances?

Note*- Sorry for the double post.

Hello, I was wanting to know what you guys think my chances are to get picked up for SNFO.

Age 25
Sex: M
Degree: BA Chemistry 3.65 Cum Laude (Purdue- Indianapolis)
MS Chemistry 3.19 (Notre Dame)
Rating Applied: Intel, NFO, Supply, SWO.

OAR - 55
ASTB:
AQR- 6
PFAR - 7
FOFAR - 8

Letters of Recommendation:
1 chemistry professor, 1 school of leadership professor, 2 prior service (business and personal reference), 1 associate

Awards:
Notre Dame Chemistry Scholarship and Stipend
Swedish Research Council Chemistry Research Grant Recipient
NSF Research Grant Recipient
Golden Key Honor Society Member
Phi Eta Sigma Honor Society Member
Dean's list- 6 of 8 semesters (not including summer term)

Extra Curricular activities:
Designed, managed, and organized a professional airsoft team / leadership development class
Attended the One Shepherd School of Leadership
Coach for flag football
Charity work for the USO and WWP

No prior service.

Let me know what you think.

I want to say lol but I was looking for more of a qualitative answer than a quantitative one. Not sure if serious or being funny.

Thanks for the reply however.

JD81

FUBIJAR
pilot
Search if you are curious about how good your stats are. Nobody knows the answer, you need to talk to an officer recruiter because things are always changing about what they are looking for. And for christ's sake, don't EVER ask what are my chances of flying any specific type of airplane.

joe dirt

pilot
With your professional Airsoft experience you should seriously consider going USMC. Your tactical knowledge base would really give you a leg up.

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Looks good. Three sides to the triangle: Moral, mental and physical.

Perform in each area and be able to somehow document it, and you're in.

TheBirdy

pilot
"What are my chances" type of questions are generally frowned upon here at AW, just a little FYI. If you want to gauge where you stand, take a look at previous posters stats, those that have been selected/non-selected, and go from there. Talk to a recruiter and he/she will let you know "your chances." Lastly, you miss 100% of the shots you don't take, so if becoming a Naval Officer is what you REALLY want, you should simply apply. What's the worst that can happen? You're not picked up- fine, improve your package and resubmit. Good luck.

ChunksJR

Retired.
pilot
Contributor
Jesus...you've done more in 25 years than I have in 34.

Why do you suddenly want to join? With all that education and experience, the military commitment (especially aviation) will set you back an entire decade of what looks like to me...bank that you are probably making/can make. Starting ENS salary is probably going to be a massive hit QOL-wise.

Massive student loans (I'm guessing) is going to continue to haunt you too...

BackOrdered

Contributor
I'll wait for picklesuit to explain how having two Chemistry degrees rate looking into Supply over not even having nuke in the top 3 considerations . It is one thing to blindly suggest nuke to a guy who doesn't even have aptitude, but the TC may have honestly never looked into the nuke communities and may enjoy it.

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
I'll wait for picklesuit to explain how having two Chemistry degrees rate looking into Supply over not even having nuke in the top 3 considerations . It is one thing to blindly suggest nuke to a guy who doesn't even have aptitude, but the TC may have honestly never looked into the nuke communities and may enjoy it.
How did I get drug into this?! The dude looks smart...he would probably get whatever he wants...as long as SWO isn't his first choice, who am I to complain?
SWO, Nuke, Supply...either way he won't be as cool as a Pilot...
Pickle

-edit- figured out how I got drug into it...but I stand by my statement!

How did I get drug into this?! The dude looks smart...he would probably get whatever he wants...as long as SWO isn't his first choice, who am I to complain?
SWO, Nuke, Supply...either way he won't be as cool as a Pilot...
Pickle

-edit- figured out how I got drug into it...but I stand by my statement!

I think it will come down to between SWO and NFO. What is the problem with SWO as first choice? I am just curious as to the reasons (not that SWO is my first choice).

Thanks,
Ghost

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
I think it will come down to between SWO and NFO. What is the problem with SWO as first choice? I am just curious as to the reasons (not that SWO is my first choice).

Thanks,
Ghost

Man,
Where do I start? I'm gonna reference Fast Times at Ridgemont High for metaphorical purposes...
Think of SWO's as Mr. Hand, except less cool...
NFO's are kind of the A/V club...
Mike Damone (the ticket scalper) is your typical Suppo...
Pickle

Oh, and Pilots get their own movies...just sayin'