• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Weight loss during OCS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enishi1983

Solid Snake
how much training do the chiefs and pettys make you guys do that some of you lost 30 lbs?! when i was in nrotc boot camp, i lost maybe 5 lbs, but i gained muscle (and got totally ripped.) my abs were showing, and my love handles were gone!

the biggest thing that i was afraid of the bootcamp was eating, b/c i knew that the damn marines (not trying to offend anyone) would make us run about 2-4 miles after we ate. they said "it's a buffet youngin's, eat all you want. you paid for it, so you deserve it." of course, i was very afraid b/c i knew what the next evolution would be (running.) did any of you have the same feeling, that you didn't want to eat b/c you were afraid of the next exercise that was going to come up?

ps-my mom actually cried when i came back from boot camp b/c i lost some fat on my face... my cheek bones were popping out, and my mom called me a north korean (i hope that didn't offend anyone either... my dad's north korean, so please understand my joke!
banghead_125.gif
)

mq

In my opinion the weight loss is caused by the chow schedule, not the PT. You'll eat dinner at 1700 and breakfast (after PT) at about 0630. You get used to going to bed hungry and PT'ing when your body is in fat-burning mode. I only lost about 10 pounds but reduced my waist size by three inches.

mq

Originally posted by Enishi1983
how much training do the chiefs and pettys make you guys do that some of you lost 30 lbs?! when i was in nrotc boot camp, i lost maybe 5 lbs, but i gained muscle (and got totally ripped.) my abs were showing, and my love handles were gone!
We only got mashed by our class CPO once, the only petty officers you come in contact with are in academics. Its the class drill instructor you need to worry about
icon_smile.gif

the biggest thing that i was afraid of the bootcamp was eating, b/c i knew that the damn marines (not trying to offend anyone) would make us run about 2-4 miles after we ate. they said "it's a buffet youngin's, eat all you want. you paid for it, so you deserve it." of course, i was very afraid b/c i knew what the next evolution would be (running.) did any of you have the same feeling, that you didn't want to eat b/c you were afraid of the next exercise that was going to come up?
We were never PT'ed right after chow. I saw a drill instructor start mashing a candidate, ask the candidate if he had just come from chow (the OC said yes), and then told the candidate to stop and instead fill out a chit.

Enishi1983

Solid Snake
why did the chief make the oc fill out a chit? for being late b/c he was eating? well, what i should be asking is, what did the oc do wrong?

stocktok

You can get a chit for doing anything (or nothing) wrong. It's all at the staff's discretion. I wouldn't worry too much about them.

mq

Originally posted by Enishi1983
why did the chief make the oc fill out a chit? for being late b/c he was eating? well, what i should be asking is, what did the oc do wrong?

It was a gunnery sergeant, not a chief. As I recall, the oc didn't address the drill instructor correctly. Its *usually* better to fill out a chit than get mashed. The point behind my earlier post is judging from my experience the drill instructors won't mash candidates shortly after eating.

c0bounds

I know that this is sort of random...but how much liberty is usual at OCS...I know my brother was in the Marines and I have a friend in the Army and they got like one weekend. I was just wondering

Status
Not open for further replies.