• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Wearing your LEATHER FLIGHT JACKET (ADV NFO)

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
Quick question for any of you guys who did primary/(more specifically) advanced in lovely Enid, America.

Did you don the leather flight jacket during the winter? All I was issued was summer nomex and i'm cold as balls in that thing. I've worn the jacket before on OHARP, but I don't see any navy guys aside from the winged ones wearing their jackets here.

I wore mine all throughout the winter...made the AF pukes jealous, made the Navy IP's happy. I even flew a good chunk of Instruments wearing it (you get less hot when you aren't trying to go upside-down)

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
Since we're on the subject of wearing things because they are issued, why aren't we issued the winter weight Nomex right off the bat?

That's weird, I got mine when I went thru API last september. It still has the tag on it, I never wore it...even on the windy plains of the 'Nid I still only wore the summer one. I get pukey when I get warm, so I always wore the summerweight and dealt with being cold and non-sick rather than toasty and hurling.

MasterBates

Have you experienced a dudashtrophy yet? Ugh, we didn't get along.

Yes I have.. And we did not even need to be in a sim for it.

Sitting in a class. I think Environmental system. No CSI, but they are always a little late. We start ripping on the CBTs. They SUCK. Badly. Guess who's in the hall listening.

Same guy who writes the CBTs. Dudash.

He comes in, lights me and the rest of my class up and tells me to the effect I will "regret saying that for the rest of my career". That and he forbade food/drink in class while he is chowin down and drinking coffee the whole lecture.

And he loves to pop into my sims. Even when he's not teaching them.

I'm not a fan.

Sky-Pig

Retired Cryptologic Warfare / Naval Flight Officer
None
They cost a bunch of money, and commands in warmer climates don't usually get them issued. Think of it as a cost savings program. I had to wait until I was at Whidbey Island to get my winter weight.

-ea6bflyr ;)

And if you anger the squadron Pork Chop (like I did) then you might not see one until your DH tour.

It kinda sucked on a 10-hr BOREX in the middle of winter when the OAT gauge was pegged at -40C. Nothing like seeing your breath fog in the mighty EP-3 for hours on end...the leather looks neat but isn't really all that warm, alas.

keeper28

My opinion is that you should wait to put anything on your leather jacket until you can arrange to have it all gucci'd out at Pops. Everything else just pales in comparison.

llnick2001

it’s just malfeasance for malfeasance’s sake
pilot
Quick question for any of you guys who did primary/(more specifically) advanced in lovely Enid, America.

Did you don the leather flight jacket during the winter? All I was issued was summer nomex and i'm cold as balls in that thing. I've worn the jacket before on OHARP, but I don't see any navy guys aside from the winged ones wearing their jackets here.

Did primary there, wore the leather a lot. Also got issued winter weight nomex from the air force there.

HooverPilot

CODPilot
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Yes I have.. And we did not even need to be in a sim for it.

Sitting in a class. I think Environmental system. No CSI, but they are always a little late. We start ripping on the CBTs. They SUCK. Badly. Guess who's in the hall listening.

Same guy who writes the CBTs. Dudash.

He comes in, lights me and the rest of my class up and tells me to the effect I will "regret saying that for the rest of my career". That and he forbade food/drink in class while he is chowin down and drinking coffee the whole lecture.

And he loves to pop into my sims. Even when he's not teaching them.

I'm not a fan.

That's funny. Same type thing happened to me. I was up for a CPT sim with him. Props I think. Then I was swapping with the Copilot for his sim. in between the sims, I spoke freely with the other stud in the briefing spaces. Guess who was in the hall listening? yup, the dudester. He made similar threats, but I somehow made it through the syllabus.