• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Wearing your LEATHER FLIGHT JACKET (ADV NFO)

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Anyone in AVANCED NFO training is AUTHORIZED to wear your LEATHER FLIGHT JACKET.

I just spoke with the VT-86 SKIPPER and he said wear said jacket. If anyone gives you flak, please PM me.

-ea6bflyr ;)

BTW, some TOOLBOX at the NFO PRI/INT squadron told his student he could not wear the LEATHER JACKET. THIS IS TOTAL BS, and if I find out the Instructor's name, I will deal with him. He's an IDIOT!

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
Wore mine through API...never had a problem...(Even when it accompanied "gasp" Brown Shoes!)

Kickflip89

Below Ladder
None
Contributor
I could never find anything on BUPERS about what is required for it. I'm guessing at least a nametag?!?

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I could never find anything on BUPERS about what is required for it. I'm guessing at least a nametag?!?

Not required on the leather. I know many people that still have pristine leather jackets with no patches. If a Nametag was required, they would have put velcro on the front of the jacket.....like the green nomex jackets.

-ea6bflyr ;)

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
I can't lie. I never wore that bad boy til today, when it was chilly and I was checking in, in khakis (thank god they still fit). Looks sweet; even better with some wings on it. I'm superstitious as fuck about retarded things; it's not logical, but I felt some kind of zen with not wearing the thing til I got wings.

I'm going to duck now while everyone else throws hate and discontent my way...

BTW. Wear it if you want to. If anyone gives you shit, give a prompt Aye Aye, or my personal favorite (works especially well on AF bases when said shit giver is an AF officer) "noted."

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
I wore mine to a sim. It really never gets cold often enough to justify wearing my leather, and since I have no identification on it, and bringing it to the aircraft is a pain in the ass, I won't wear it if I'm flying. But when it was cold, and I had a sim, I never thought twice about it. ONLY people to say shit to me were students.

If they didn't want you to have it until you wing, they would give it to you when you wing (like the coast guard does).

zoomie08

Fast, Neat, Average...
If they didn't want you to have it until you wing, they would give it to you when you wing (like the coast guard does).

I got my leather jacket issued last week and the folks issuing it said not to wear it until we get winged.

Beans

*1. Loins... GIRD
pilot
So you take orders from contract employees now? That's almost as bad as my fellow API classmates receiving nametag and right shoulder patch policies from the lady at Wings & Things.

P3 F0

None
Not required on the leather. I know many people that still have pristine leather jackets with no patches. If a Nametag was required, they would have put velcro on the front of the jacket.....like the green nomex jackets.

-ea6bflyr ;)
IMO, a leather jacket with nothing on it is weak. Put something on it, even if it's just a nametag like this, with your name. But whatever you put on it, get it sewn on, not velcro'd.

For all you stu's in the pool or classed up, f*cking grow a pair. Seriously. Don't let some contractor stuck in gear issue tell you what to do. Don't let some power-happy LT talk you out of it. One of the things Naval Aviation has going for it is the culture it breeds among the JO's. We don't eat our young like SWO's and Sub guys. We actually like our community, and the people in it. Wear the brown leather shoes and jacket. If you DOR or fail out of Pensacola, then you should be reconsidering. But until then, assume you're going to get winged, and act appropriately.

ETA: I appreciate the lack of hubris from a bunch of you, but we're only talking about some uniform items here. Not a big deal.

Beans

*1. Loins... GIRD
pilot
They have been doing this a hell of a lot longer than I have...

Doing what? Issuing gear? Are you an student aviation SUPPO? You have different jobs. They are contract supply civilians. You are an SNA/SNFO and an officer, responsible for your uniform and it's regulations. They are not and should know their place, just as any pilot/NFO would not tell them how to issue gear properly based on his flying experience.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Never wore it down south (i.e while in flight school) but I have been on OHARP for a couple weeks now, and have worn it every day there.......great for the chilly Pac NW weather we have been having. Got an enthusiastic hello from one of the brown shoe types that works in the office...guess he like the jacket too :)

Hozer

Jobu needs a refill!
None
Contributor
Concur Rob. Over here at 4, leather is authorized and ENCOURAGED.
Buy some AWG's too.:D

Got yours yet, Rob?