• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

We should all be like Chuck Norris says Iraqi

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Rubio's is good, but there are far better joints to be found around SD... one place in Santee... the Diable Shrimp Burrito... sooooo goood... Mr. Taco in La Jolla is good after a dive in the cove as well.

Wahoo's Fish Taco is good too.

The East Coast.... no sense of good mexican food... especially here in NY.

+1 for Wahoos.

Rubios is okay, but I think Wahoos is better. Plus until Rubios decides to add a location in Austin, my opinion is sticking with Wahoos.

phrogpilot73

For mexican on the west coast, I always preferred the little crappy walk up places that had bullet holes in the glass, and dudes that *I think* came across the border that morning. 1 lb burritos for $4.00!

And Fred's in PB when stumbling out of the PB Bar & Grill...

As for chili mac in the wardroom, I have no idea. My last deployment the food was so horrible I was looking forward to going ashore, because then I'd be able to eat MREs. Yes, it was that bad.

Single Seat

Average member
pilot
None
Now I've seen and heard it all...a bunch of shit-hot go-fasters like you folks take a Chuck Norris "manly-man" thread and immediately hijack/co-opt into rants about your favorite fast food outlets. I might as well start camping out on the Martha Stewart forum...and I will once she starts a "flight jacket" thread.

What, no props for Rubio's fish tacos??? Or is that only for us "former Fighertown USA" guys to enjoy?

Me..I never really found anything wrong with wardroom chow. Chili Mac in the Dirty Shirt surrounded by fellow warriors beats anything else ...anywhere else ...any day. But that may just be me...

V/R, Spike

There's a certain water front venue in Va Bch that has fish tacos and a tuna burrito that are AWESOME on a hungover saturday morning.

Bird85

None
Since we're on the topic of food (and not Chuck Norris), TRACOM guys - fly into College Station. TX and go to "Freebirds" (either location - the one downtown is near campus and the atmosphere is great, if you know what I mean). Best damn burrito you'll ever eat. The small is so big you won't be able to finish it. Now, best meal deal on a CC is in Acadiana, LA. You get the whole crawfish plate, soda, and an ice cream for $2.00 (at least those were the prices a year ago when I last flew in there). You'll be in good company with Navy, AF, and NASA CC birds.

raptor10

Philosoraptor
Contributor
Yes Freebirds is great I think those were the best burrito's I have ever had, and I was able to finish my burrito :) On top of that I rolled double F's my first time there...

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
There's a certain water front venue in Va Bch that has fish tacos and a tuna burrito that are AWESOME on a hungover saturday morning.

FWIW, yours truly will be at the Hot Tuna in VA Bch (with squadron in tow) this Saturday night. Come say hi. :D

Brett

FormerRecruitingGuru

Yes Freebirds is great I think those were the best burrito's I have ever had, and I was able to finish my burrito :) On top of that I rolled double F's my first time there...

Its all about the super monster burrito.

297546547_c840147bf8.jpg

People like him probably can't finish it.

villanelle

Nihongo dame desu
Contributor
Since we're on the topic of food (and not Chuck Norris), TRACOM guys - fly into College Station. TX and go to "Freebirds" (either location - the one downtown is near campus and the atmosphere is great, if you know what I mean). Best damn burrito you'll ever eat. The small is so big you won't be able to finish it. Now, best meal deal on a CC is in Acadiana, LA. You get the whole crawfish plate, soda, and an ice cream for $2.00 (at least those were the prices a year ago when I last flew in there). You'll be in good company with Navy, AF, and NASA CC birds.

It's not related to the Freebird's in Santa Barbara, is it?

FormerRecruitingGuru

It's not related to the Freebird's in Santa Barbara, is it?

Yes! The SB and Texas used to be owned by the same company, but then somebody bought the Texas/Oklahoma locations. It still has the same logo and I believe still shares the same menu.

As for MB eating that burrito, my goodness!

jus2mch

MOTIVATOR
Contributor
I love Freebirds. And the one in SB is awesome because everyone there is always so stoned.

Everyone eh?

Best Burrito's= Anything with a bertos at the end of it, or a picture of a sombrero.
Best fish taco= Rubios hands down. There is one in the San Diego airport now.

If you want the best home style mexican food go to Marios in La Mesa.

In N Out all the way!