• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

WATCHES: Question for all you Aviators

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Anyone,

Is it to late to get in on the X-33 deal. I dont remember hearing about it in my squadron. Who was the POC for Breitling? Anyone?

Dave, try asking one of the IPs in your squadron who has one of them. From talking to the IPs in K-rock, many units would get them on floats and whatnot. If memory serves, the minimum order for the deal was 20. It might be tough to find a still-running group buy, but you might be able to email Omega or Breitling to start your own.

www.omegawatches.com
www.breitling.com

I can try firing off an email to the IP who started the buy I got in on and see if I can garner any contact info.

EODDave

The pastures are greener!
pilot
Super Moderator
Any info would be greatly appreciated. If I start my own group, does anyone want in on it?

DocT

Dean of Students
pilot
Daily use and training: I rock the Timex Ironman.

For dress up and looking cool, it's an Omega Seamaster that my father gave me. He wore it while he was an SWO.

Goober

Professional Javelin Catcher
None
Don't forget your open bag of Skittles (it's been done)!:D

Brett
Don't laugh about the nickels thing - I know someone who's done it. Open pockets, change, and an ejection seat don't mix. Senior guy's comment afterward: "You know you don't have to feed these things to make 'em work, right?"

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I guess I'll weigh in on this heated topic. I have a Breitling B-1 and love it. And by the way the whole Breitling vs Rolex thing-they are both made in Switzerland.
AS for James Bond, up through the 90s all he wore was a Submariner but in the 90s-00s I think some money was thrown around and he wore an Omega-right around the time he drove a BMW (pretty much a sacralige)

I am a self proclaimed watch geek and usually get myself a nice watch after each deployment. For the ROTC/Midshipamn types with out the bankroll yet, check out the Citizen Skyhawk or save your money and get a Breitling-sorry
A4s, I dont disagree often but the Rolex owners I know have to contuniously get a new hack from the ODO while my Breitling goes on for about a week or two between hacks.

The most important thing is dont demean yourself by wearing a fake anything, have the respect for yourself. You see lots of guys after a port call with fake watches and yes they look real to the untrained eye but come on you look like a deuchebag to anyone who knows and guess what most aviators know.

East

东部
Contributor
@ Skidkid; Currahee!

Rolex is just as cool, just like all the pricy ones out there. Wear what you like (and what you what to spend for a watch ofcourse).

Goober

Professional Javelin Catcher
None
AS for James Bond, up through the 90s all he wore was a Submariner but in the 90s-00s I think some money was thrown around and he wore an Omega-right around the time he drove a BMW (pretty much a sacralige)
Moonraker - he wore a Seiko digital. Geeks of the world unite.

Attachments

• MRc4.gif
    MRc4.gif
    19 KB · Views: 57
  • MRpress.gif
    MRpress.gif
    22.2 KB · Views: 63
  • MRwire.gif
    MRwire.gif
    20.7 KB · Views: 48

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I don't really understand it either, which is why you go in on the squadron deals and get that $2 grand watch for a third of the price. But that's just me.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
......get a Breitling-sorry
A4s, I dont disagree often but the Rolex owners I know have to contuniously get a new hack from the ODO while my Breitling goes on for about a week or two between hacks........
HEY, Younger Brother ... no problem. But just ask yourself this in the final analysis, when you are sitting in your "special" place, late at night, when the room gets dark, and you're crying yourself to sleep (alone) on your pillow because you don't have a "real' date .... just a Breitling that tells you the correct date .... just a wanna-be "classy" watch .... which watch do the "chicks" (whatever that means) recognize as a "quality" watch ... usually worn by a "quality" gentleman ?????

Ask the ladies. I rest my case ...... the Brietling face is too "busy" .... they look too "techno-geek" .... class (i.e., Rolex) is simple, yet expensive. And again, let's compare $$$ value 10 years from now. I didn't think this up all by myself, you know .... :)

456.jpg
RX408-NP0.jpg
....P.S. ..... James Bond NEVER wore a Breitling .... :)

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
Wow, to pick up chicks you used your watch, instead of telling them you were a Naval Aviator?

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
We did a group buy of Omega X-33. Got mine with the titanium band and the Topgun logo on the back.

I switch out between the Omega, Rolex GMT Master, Timex Ironman.

r/
G