• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

WATCHES: Question for all you Aviators

todd740

Trogdor comes in the NIIIIIGHT!!!
pilot
GMT Master II

I've got to agree with A4s on the GMT Master II (although I have the red/black rather than the red/blue) great watch, will last forever and will look good doing it.

mo_gmt1.jpg

RHPF

pilot
Contributor
I've got to agree with A4s on the GMT Master II (although I have the red/black rather than the red/blue) great watch, will last forever and will look good doing it.

mo_gmt1.jpg

That is the one I want. :icon_glas

For now I'll shoot for Citizen or Seiko. Maybe the GMT Master will be a commissioning present to myself.

Interesting thread; so many differing opinions on watches from who cares/10 dollar walmart watch, to serious investments Breitling/Omega/Rolex.

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Citizen isnt bad, I have the Skyhawk but the craftsmanship on the band is really cheap, too bad if they could improve on that it might be a real contender as a great aviation watch.

If you get one as Commisioning present good on you, I get mine post deployment when all that money is burning a hole in my pocket.

m3driver

None
Oh yeah, and lets remind all the newbies that de-gloving doesn't mean losing your glove. This ECMO lost all his fingers and part of his hand. The metal band of his watch caught on the canopy bow and that was it.

I remember that well. Guy had bad hand karma. :) On cruise he was bit by a chimp in the same IIRC hand (long story, just remember that if you're in Cubi you have to buy the monkey a drink before you pet him).

I was in the A6 that lead the SAR effort in that mishap. Man it was tough finding those guys in the Olympic Peninsula. Plane went straight in, just a smoking hole.

Marco

joboy_2.0

professional undergraduate
Contributor
Citizen isnt bad, I have the Skyhawk but the craftsmanship on the band is really cheap, too bad if they could improve on that it might be a real contender as a great aviation watch.

If you get one as Commisioning present good on you, I get mine post deployment when all that money is burning a hole in my pocket.

My parents got me the Citizen skyhawk blue angels watch when I got picked up for SNA. I think it's great. I definitely regret wearing it a few times that I shouldn't have and scratched up the face a little bit, but regardless, It is a great watch. Band could be better, but for looks and functionality, I think it is pretty sweet.

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
Well, since I don't have enough money for a Rolex yet, I'll stick with my Citizen. It' seen me through a semester here at VMI and hasn't failed me once. It was worth the money in my book.

attachment.php

Just my $0.02 :)

Attachments

• watch.jpg
    watch.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 125

raptor10

Philosoraptor
Contributor
In the same vein as the All American, here's my Fossil Titanium, which has been with me since my junior year of high school. Its seen a lot of stuff, nearly been lost, nearly been broken, but its always been reliable. I don't think I'll be getting rid of it anytime soon.

View attachment 3845

East

东部
Contributor
Instrument for Professionals

Breitling EMERGENCY

Attachments

• Breit.jpg
    Breit.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 72

HighDimension

pilot
Contributor
I've been avoiding posting on this thread because I don't want to make everyone jealous. This is my watch, a Casio Illuminator. It has lasted for three years and is still running strong. Cost? $11.95 at Wal-Mart. Feel free to be jealous.

HD

Attachments

• Picture 001.jpg
    Picture 001.jpg
    824.6 KB · Views: 58
  • Picture 002.jpg
    Picture 002.jpg
    783.3 KB · Views: 31

tjamz1

I've been avoiding posting on this thread because I don't want to make everyone jealous. This is my watch, a Casio Illuminator. It has lasted for three years and is still running strong. Cost? $11.95 at Wal-Mart. Feel free to be jealous.

HD

I think you got ripped off by walmart

badger16

None
Are you sure you got it at Wal-mart? Because i'm pretty sure you stole that from Napolean Dynomite...or went back in time and stole it from some poor chess club high school kid...:D

RockyMtnNFO

None
Contributor
Are you sure you got it at Wal-mart? Because i'm pretty sure you stole that from Napolean Dynomite...or went back in time and stole it from some poor chess club high school kid...:D

Don't put the chess club down. They all had calculators on their watches; cool.