• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

WATCHES: Question for all you Aviators

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
AllAmerican75 said:
For all those who need to still compare watches, .....Notice the watch.
*Sigh* ... and for those who need something called a "Neptunus Lex" to confirm ---- once again, I rest my case.

When will "they" ever learn .... when will "they" ever learn?? (With apologies to the Kingston Trio ... :))

A4sForever said:
The defense rests ....

pennst8

Next guy to ask about thumbdrives gets shot.
Contributor
Way to go AllAmerican, you hurt A4s feelings by consulting another old guy.:eek:

A4s – if newly minted O-1s made enough $$$ to afford that kind of bling, I'd have one tomorrow... although apparently OMEGA thinks I have that kind of money since they keep mailing me unsolicited catalogs of their wares.

Alas, I will wing it with a Fossil for another few months.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
pennst8 said:
Way to go AllAmerican, you hurt A4s feelings by consulting another old guy.:eek:
You hurt me deeply .... deeply .... getting sleeeeepy .... :sleep_125

pennst8 said:
A4s – if newly minted O-1s made enough $$$ to afford that kind of bling,....
Keep your nose clean and you will get there sooner than you think ... or if not --- get out, go into the airlines --- marry a beautiful blonde for a second wife, and buy a Rolex or two ... or three if you count "hers".:)

And keep thinkin' those "ALOHA" thoughts .... it's all mental.

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
One of the joys of being a JO (single?) is to spend your money like there is no tomorrow on things like ridiculously expensive watches, cool cars (not Prius/minivans), beer, and women of questionable morality.

Later on you can be sensible. Until then it's all hookers and blow.

heynowlookout

pilot
Contributor
Harrier Dude said:
One of the joys of being a JO (single?) is to spend your money like there is no tomorrow on things like ridiculously expensive watches, cool cars (not Prius/minivans), beer, and women of questionable morality.

Later on you can be sensible. Until then it's all hookers and blow.

Truly you are wise.

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
A4sForever said:
You hurt me deeply .... deeply .... getting sleeeeepy .... :sleep_125

Keep your nose clean and you will get there sooner than you think ... or if not --- get out, go into the airlines --- marry a beautiful blonde for a second wife, and buy a Rolex or two ... or three if you count "hers".:)

And keep thinkin' those "ALOHA" thoughts .... it's all mental.

I apologize A4s. I am a regular reader at Captain Lex's blog and happened across the picture. I noticed the watch, did a double take, and said to myself "Hey that's a rolex, who else do I know that swears by Rolexes and is desperately trying to convert the unbelievers? Oh yeah, A4s." So I posted the pic. A thousand apologies, for I did not mean to tarnish the man, the legend, A4sForever.:)

A4s Fan Club Member #00003,
AllAmerican75

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
AllAmerican75 said:
I apologize A4s.....A thousand apologies, for I did not mean to tarnish the man, the legend, A4sForever.:) AllAmerican75
Ahhhhh .... You make an old man smile.

Come sit on my lap while I squeeze some limes ....

But: a thousand apologies ?? Why, very well done, young Grasshopper. Apology accepted at @ # 421 .... now stand at ease, smoke 'em if you got 'em ... and no need to salute again as I'll be in the area all day. :)

But WAIT !! Yes .... YES !!! YES !!!! :eek:

I COULD be a LEGEND !!! Maybe ... "could have been" .... in my own time .... at least in my own mind ... if I had one .... growning sleepy now ... what's that bright shiny thing ??? Getting sleepy .... sleepy-er ... :sleep_125

*EDIT* THIS IS NOT A THREADJACK

heynowlookout

pilot
Contributor
Anyone done this type of deal recently? I'm getting close to wings and a piece of man jewelry would be a nice gift to myself. Contacts/details appreciated.

lowflier03

So no $hit there I was
pilot
Our squadron just did a deal with Citizen. We got the Skyhawk Ecodrive with our squadron logo on the back. Not quite as nice as the Blue Angel Ecodrive, but pretty nice none the less. Got them for around $225. Which isnt bad considering its normally about a $500 watch.

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
you can get them in all the AAFES in Japan for about 260. Who set up that deal