• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

WARNING- Service Selection packets

alyssabr

ok thanks for all the info, i feel like service selection was rushed a lot this year, and in our unit we have a whole batch of new LT's who have never even done it before so we are all a little concerned.....

Random Task

pilot
From personal experience...they will hold out from designating you and play "games" with you trying to get you to "voulenteer" for an interview. Even if you PNS sends a statement confiming you strong desire not to go nuke. In the end they will force designate you and make you go to DC for an interview and tell you it seems like there is no choice but to do nuke. In the very end in DC they will ask you if you want to go nuke...say what you want but be 100% honest. This is the first time someone will actually listen to you. From my experience this is something that is at the O-10 level I $hit you not. Moral of the story...you will be thrown around/be completely unsure of how the future of your naval career will pan out before it has even started but in the end if you smart and you stay adament to what you want you will probably get it...I did. PS I had all new LTs when this happened to me also.

HighDimension

pilot
Contributor
say what you want but be 100% honest. This is the first time someone will actually listen to you. From my experience this is something that is at the O-10 level I $hit you not.

I know this probably doesn't need to be said but just in case.. If you get sent up to DC to meet with the admiral, be respectful and don't trash the community even if you don't have a desire to join it. I can't imagine getting on the admiral's bad side would go well for you.

alyssabr

Yea, I dont think Ill be sent for an interview nuke is my last choice and I was told it was N/A for me, one because my grades in those classes were so low, and two because I just didnt qualify anyways. I hope it will all work out, im going for SNA but all my LT's think ill get NFO. Either one would be fine, as I love avaiation no matter what. Hopefully we will find out soon....thanks for all the gouge and congrats to everyone else on their new service selections

FutbolFan

We had a meeting with our LT today. Sounds like there are 110 sub spots, 50 NFO, and 219 Pilot (somewhere in that ballpark). That's the lower-band. Once all those spots are filled, they will proceed beyond this number to the upper-band of each selection community. The key is this lower threshold has to be met before they will accept more in each community.

All the 1/c males received an email saying Pensacola is playing hardball and they will get their numbers.

Shakey

I'm talkin, G-5...!
pilot
Our unit had us put in a short letter stating why we want SNA (or whatever you put) and why we should be selected. Standard letter to sell yourself without coming off as cocky.

On another note, I thought they were supposed to tell us our PNS score - they refused. My advisor wouldn't tell me s***.

HighDimension

pilot
Contributor
We had a meeting with our LT today. Sounds like there are 110 sub spots, 50 NFO, and 219 Pilot (somewhere in that ballpark). That's the lower-band. Once all those spots are filled, they will proceed beyond this number to the upper-band of each selection community. The key is this lower threshold has to be met before they will accept more in each community.

All the 1/c males received an email saying Pensacola is playing hardball and they will get their numbers.

That is funny if its accurate. Last year during the mando-nuking they told us that there were 100 sub spots and they only ended up filling around 80-90 of those spots. What do they do this year? Raise the quota!

BerkeleyNROTC09

Update:

I know for sure 23-24 MIDS got selected for NUKE this last week. We had 4 MIDS go in, and 3 made it out. I think there were 27 starting, and 4-5 didn't make it.

vulcanx

Banned
If I just fail the pre-admiral interview by jacking up the math problems, then will I be able to skip out on nuke?