• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Warning: Everything at ocs has changed

lg106

Much of what you will read on air warriors will now not apply to you for OCS. Don’t get me wrong much of the information you will find will still be useful. The new program is called “The Way Ahead,” which is evolving and changing with each class. I just recently completed OCS so I have a fairly accurate idea of what you will be going through. If you have any questions about OCS or the beginning of a SWO’s career path shoot me some +1 rep power and I will do my best to answer your questions. Make sure and post it on this thread and not in a PM because others will most likely have the same question. Below is a quick summary of the new OCS schedule you will most likely have “or close to.”First Three Weeks “Indoctrination/Militarization Phase”Week 1: Wake Up THURSDAYWeek 2: Friday-OutpostWeek Four-Week Nine “Academic Phase”Week 4: RLPWeek 6: ORLPWeek 8: PI InspectionWeek 9: Saturday-Victory Run, Drill Comp., You Become a CandiOWeek 10-12 CandiO PhaseWeek 10: PI InspectionWeek 12: Thursday- Hi Moms, Friday-GraduationBest advice: Buy a sharp pair of small sewing scissors “Hobby Lobby, Wal-Mart,” for cutting off IPs “little strings on your uniforms.” Bring as much of your RLP stuff in your pockets back with you as soon as you get your first POV run in your pockets, the CandiOs will try and scare you but bring it back anyways. Don’t stay up late talking to people, every night pick an item to IP or stamp, starting the day or two after you arrive to OCS, be disciplined, EVERY NIGHT stay up for 30 minutes or so and prepare for RLP and ORLP after that. Try and get as much sleep as possible after that, trust me preparing for RLP will save you a lot of pain “possibly rolling in the future.” Academics now you will have all classes at the same time, you will be distracted, you will be super tired, WAYYY more than you think you will be, like straight up passing out standing up tired, but it is essential starting day one that you pay attention in class, they are stressing academics way more than they used to, you must pass tests or you will roll, this is why it essential you go to bed AT TAPS during the academic phase, trust me it pays dividends. For example over half of both classes failed our first engineering test, much harder than it used to be. Again make sure and start IPing and even more so STAMPING as soon as you get to OCS it will take way longer than you think. Do not cut the strings so close though that you destroy your uniforms, they cost a ton and yes you will be wearing them later in your career. One last thing, as soon as you get your uniforms, set at least one set of each article aside and do not use them, you will want them to be perfectly clean and in mint condition for RLP “especially a set of PT gear, shirt, shorts, sweats, buy an extra pair of running shoes for RLP.” Hang in there through the application process and OCS, it will probably be the hardest thing you go through in your life but when you put those dress blues on and graduate it will all be worth it. YOU will reach your breaking point, trust me sometime in OCS everyone will reach it, the question is will you push through it or will you quit; what helped me get through mine was going to church every Sunday no matter how much stuff I had to do, praying constantly, I seriously could not have gotten though it without God’s help. Stick in there guys and gals, hopefully I will be seeing you out in the fleet soon, best of luck!!!

nzachman

Yeah, well. The Dude abides.
Nothing in there is anything new from the "Old OCS" except for the new timeline. Reading that just gave me a headache.

jt71582

How do you fly a Clipper?
pilot
Contributor
Bribing for rep? wow

Seems like a pretty SWO thing to do.

Dude, like zachman said, pretty much all of this is the same. It seems like they tweaked the first 3 weeks and the academics timeline a bit, and made the classes harder...but other than than - same 'ole suck.

Rumor mill is churning that they have changed Indoc to 2 weeks now instead of 3, so your whole post is essentially pointless, because I didn't read any other "new" information in there. It sucks a lot and I'll get tired...but hang tough because it's worth it. Thats pretty much been the gouge for 40+ years. I'll just find out myself in 2 1/2 weeks.

Maybe we could get a current Candidate to verify the 2 week rumor, one that just wants to share some gouge without bribing for rep. Thats a new low. Seriously? You made it through OCS with that kind of attitude?

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
That's right, blame the computer....
You gotta' LOVE this latest variant of the tried & true -- 'the dog ate my homework' ... *sigh* ... these modern kids. :)

dog-ate-my-homework.jpg

RHPF

pilot
Contributor
Even if the computer screwed it up, you can go back and edit the post and place in the proper line breaks. Plus, I gave you negative rep because your post sucks, and bribing for rep is really weak.

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
For soon to be OCs reading this: Everything is changing. Be in shape, have a good attitude, and take what comes to you. Do that and you'll be fine. What the OP is putting out was the reality a few weeks ago, but the "Way Ahead" is being tweaked constantly to get the best product out, and things may change yet again.

Stuff never gets easier there, just harder in a different way.

PR1 H

Perpetually fixing cranial/rectal inversions
I couldn't make it past about the first couple weeks before my eyes went nuts trying to read this. On the bright side the OP does have a basic understanding of how to correct screw ups as is evident by "Last edited by lg106; 03-11-2010 at 09:41 AM." However, understanding of what screw ups need to be fixed and how to do so seems to elude our newest OCS graduate.

The computer is screwed up excuse is weak. There's a button called "Preview Post". It's handy... and highly recommended.

Additionally I'm going to have to concur with almost everyone on this board. Asking people to give you positive rep points as "payment" for answers you might not have to questions is absurd, arrogant, and just plain bad taste. When people have questions regarding their gear, I answer them. Regardless if they give me rep points or not. I could care less to be honest. My focus is to get my aircrews information they can use, that is valid, and that can hopefully help them with what they need. Rep points = Reputation. Reputation = Respect. Both have to be EARNED, not given. That rule applies to both on this web site and in your career as a Naval Officer.