• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Warning: Everything at ocs has changed

nugget61

pilot
Rumor mill is churning that they have changed Indoc to 2 weeks now instead of 3...Maybe we could get a current Candidate to verify the 2 week rumor, one that just wants to share some gouge without bribing for rep. Thats a new low. Seriously? You made it through OCS with that kind of attitude?

Any recent grads have gouge to share?

red_ryder

None
Any recent grads have gouge to share?
I'll tell you one thing, whether any rumors are true or not has NO bearing whatsoever on your chances.

Truth be told, you don't need to know anything special to succeed.

Just show up with what you're supposed to have, and bring your good attitude, and you'll be fine.

Krafty1

Head in the clouds
OCS changes all the time. I went through the "old program" and my version was different than the "old program" of a few months prior. I read a lot of gouge before I went to OCS and probably the best advice I can pass on is the simplest; know the Big 4 down cold (will save you lots of time), put out all the time and every time, and show up in the best shape of your life. You will get RPT'd into the ground, you will spend hours/days preparing for an inspection you will probably fail at least once and you will want to fall asleep while standing up almost all hours of the day. Do your best not to get yourself hurt and do the above and most anyone with the will to get through OCS, will.

EDIT: Be a team player, try to think how can WE get through OCS vs how can I get through OCS. This will get beat into your class anyways but the sooner it happens the better off all of your class will be.

Travis2688

I'll tell you one thing, whether any rumors are true or not has NO bearing whatsoever on your chances.

Truth be told, you don't need to know anything special to succeed.

Just show up with what you're supposed to have, and bring your good attitude, and you'll be fine.

I have always been told that no two classes are the same. One person's experiences may be totally different from another's..

EDIT: Be a team player, try to think how can WE get through OCS vs how can I get through OCS. This will get beat into your class anyways but the sooner it happens the better off all of your class will be.
Best advice for OCS I have heard yet, +1 rep for that gouge!!!

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
The +1 you gave for that ground breaking gouge has been repeated a million times even before the "big" change. The more things change.... You know the rest. Nothing new here.

jt71582

How do you fly a Clipper?
pilot
Contributor
The +1 you gave for that ground breaking gouge has been repeated a million times even before the "big" change. The more things change.... You know the rest. Nothing new here.

Look at you laying the smack down. You're so salty.

jipearso

Listen STOP ASKING FOR GOUGE...I was like everyone else before I attended OCS....whatever you do cannot prepare you for OCS. Once you get here you will learn OCS is a constant changing thing. Come here with a great attitude, physically strong...and you will succeed in the program. Your wasting your time asking Gouge....

MidWestEwo

None
Listen STOP ASKING FOR GOUGE...I was like everyone else before I attended OCS....whatever you do cannot prepare you for OCS. Once you get here you will learn OCS is a constant changing thing. Come here with a great attitude, physically strong...and you will succeed in the program. Your wasting your time asking Gouge....

Agreed.