• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

War in Israel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
Yeah, I really don’t understand where it comes from. Seems to run on both sides of the political aisle too, although I saw more antisemitic attitudes when I lived in the northeast than I have living in other regions of the US.
No no no... you see, when someone repeats the slogan "from the river to the sea," it means that they support Palestine's existence as a nation and not the extermination of all Jews in the region. Why can't you understand? /s

They cannot accept that these two things are 100% correlated. I feel like someone should pull a Dave Chapelle "parent swap" and drop these Christian white rich people off to live in an Islamic nation for a few months so they can see first hand how much their rights and opinions are respected.

Mirage

pilot
Gaza has never been a part of Israel. It was occupied by them for years, but has never a part of Israel and the people there were never considered Israeli by them or anyone else.
Gaza is part of Israel in all but name. Israel controls the supplies going to it, it controls the comings and goings of the population, etc. There is not currently a 2 state solution in place, which means there is 1 state: Israel.
We did. They were called Native Americans and we sent them to live on reservations. To a lesser extent, there was also the internment of Japanese Americans during WWII.
Yes, and if a small minority of them attacked us then we would not be justified in slaughtering the lot of them.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Gaza is part of Israel in all but name. Israel controls the supplies going to it, it controls the comings and goings of the population, etc. There is not currently a 2 state solution in place, which means there is 1 state: Israel.

Ummmm…Egypt?

To go from there to saying their own people attacked them is stretching it, to say the least.

Mirage

pilot
Ummmm…Egypt?

To go from there to saying their own people attacked them is stretching it, to say the least.
Israel is responsible for the people of Gaza. They have said that themselves. Hell, the Israeli government has been giving money and support to Hamas for years. That's why I say "their people" attacked them. Gaza is not a separate state... it is a part of the Israeli state, no matter how inconvenient that may be.

As for Egypt... yes, Egypt also works in concert with Israel to limit the freedom of travel of the Palestinians. Egypt doesn't control the utilities in Gaza, like Israel does. I don't get your point.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Yeah, I really don’t understand where it comes from. Seems to run on both sides of the political aisle too, although I saw more antisemitic attitudes when I lived in the northeast than I have living in other regions of the US.

Jews have long been an ‘other’ where they’ve lived, mainly in Europe and the Middle East. Their success, perceived or real, and their ‘separateness’ that was often enforced from their neighbors have long made them a convenient target for whoever was looking to blame for the problem of the day. With all that history it isn’t a surprise they continue to be a target today.

As for it existing on both left and right, stupidity proves itself yet again to know no political persuasion.

Last edited:

Average Monke

A primate with internet access
Yes, and if a small minority of them attacked us then we would not be justified in slaughtering the lot of them.
To use the same exact vernacular, only a 'small minority' of Palestinians have been killed, which is a far cry from 'slaughtering the lot of them'.

GroundPounder

I've got bad news for everyone on both sides of this argument. No one alive today will be remembered by anyone alive when there is a resolution. Hate and discontent has the same half life as of Carbon-14.

Take it to the bank.

Average Monke

A primate with internet access
That you didn't like my verbiage and want to play word games vice actually talk about the substance of my points?
So that would be a no... My point is that the premise of your analogy is flawed doesn't accurately describe what is happening in Gaza. Thus, any conclusion you would draw from your hypothetical is pretty irrelevant. I'd argue your verbiage is significantly more biased than it needs to be, that wasn't actually my point.

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
So that would be a no... My point is that the premise of your analogy is flawed doesn't accurately describe what is happening in Gaza.
If Israel could ensure that Pk on Hamas = 1.0 and Pk on civilians = 0.0, it would. Unfortunately, Hamas thrives by hiding its militants in populous areas to win the messaging war on social media.

The difference is that Hamas aims to have its Pk on civilians = 1.0, because it seeks to kill every Jewish (and Christian, but that's later) person on the planet. Which is why it launches rockets at public gathering centers like schools, synagogues, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.