• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

War in Israel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Huh. I figured the TG folks would be the absolute last people to wear black boots like a shoe. That’s interesting,
Brown boots weren't a thing until the mid 90s, and they consider it a legacy thing going back to the original TG class. They also perform some lectures in Khakis for the same reason.

BigRed389

None
I assumed it was some kind of PPLI* from whatever scope they use in SWO-land.

*Precise Participant Location and Identification, e.g. a trackfile. Yeah, I'm a nerd.
It is.

That’s the NTDS symbology for hostile air, surface, and subsurface tracks. The air one has a bunch of extra shit around the basic half diamond to indicate a track about to probably die.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
It's a shame that there isn't another country out there that suffered a brutal loss of life to terrorism and then spent 20+ years of blood and treasure to get nowhere. If there was, maybe that country could have shared its lessons of caution instead of throwing 100% of its political support behind Israel in the aftermath of the October 7th attacks.

That may make sense on the surface but what else do you really expect Israel and us to do? They suffered a horribly brutal attack from their literal next door neighbor, you can't expect any reasonable country to just lie back and take it. I have not seen Israel deliberately crossing a 'line' so far in the war, while it has been an overwhelming response and though I don't agree with all their actions they do not appear to be deliberately targeting civilians.

As for our support, we are on the side of 'right' in this case though it should, and does, have its limits. Not only that, for all the talk about the President losing Arab-American support folks seem to ignore the fact that the US has the second largest Jewish population in the world, with New York City is the largest Jewish city in the world. Our natural alliance and affinity for a fellow democracy, though flawed, is also a big factor as well. The cruelty and brutality of the absolutely horrific assault of 7 October is also is a big factor in the widespread domestic political and public support for Israel as well.

Mirage

pilot
That may make sense on the surface but what else do you really expect Israel and us to do? They suffered a horribly brutal attack from their literal next door neighbor, you can't expect any reasonable country to just lie back and take it. I have not seen Israel deliberately crossing a 'line' so far in the war, while it has been an overwhelming response and though I don't agree with all their actions they do not appear to be deliberately targeting civilians.

As for our support, we are on the side of 'right' in this case though it should, and does, have its limits. Not only that, for all the talk about the President losing Arab-American support folks seem to ignore the fact that the US has the second largest Jewish population in the world, with New York City is the largest Jewish city in the world. Our natural alliance and affinity for a fellow democracy, though flawed, is also a big factor as well. The cruelty and brutality of the absolutely horrific assault of 7 October is also is a big factor in the widespread domestic political and public support for Israel as well.
Israel was not attacked by their neighbor. They were attacked by members of their own country.

Imagine if we took away many of the rights of a minority group in the US and forced them to live in a specific state, then members of that minority group's ruling party (which the US supported financially) attacked innocent civilians outside their state. Then imagine our response was to bomb the shit out of that state, killing many thousands of civilians in the process. That's a better analogy, I think.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Israel was not attacked by their neighbor. They were attacked by members of their own country.

Gaza has never been a part of Israel. It was occupied by them for years, but has never been a part of Israel and the people there were never considered Israeli by them or anyone else.

Imagine if we took away many of the rights of a minority group in the US and forced them to live in a specific state, then members of that minority group's ruling party (which the US supported financially) attacked innocent civilians outside their state. Then imagine our response was to bomb the shit out of that state, killing many thousands of civilians in the process. That's a better analogy, I think.

That's...putting it mildly...what Hamas did on October 7th.

Last edited:

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
You have perhaps heard of the American Civil War?

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
They were attacked by Hamas, who has pledged in their governing documents to basically kill all the jews. All of them. Everywhere. Crazy that it took so long to get to this point, frankly. It's where all roads led.

And round and round we go. Just like Afghanistan and Iraq. Terrorism is a royal bastard to eliminate. Maybe it's just not possible to do so, since there will always be people who feel "wronged" and "justified" in their efforts to torture and kill others, and subsequently allow themselves to be used by people who profit from it- generally because they have nothing to lose by acting like animals.

Israel's government willfully neglected an obvious hole in their security. But excusing what Hamas has done is unequivocally wrong. I'm not gonna budge on that one. Fuck Harvard.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Israel's government willfully neglected an obvious hole in their security. But excusing what Hamas has done is unequivocally wrong. I'm not gonna budge on that one. Fuck Harvard.

I would wonder how any government could survive such obvious lack of preparedness but Netanyahu has proven to be perhaps the second most resilient politician in Israeli history. But I also wouldn't be surprised to see him finally go after the war in Gaza ends.

Fuck ALL anti-Semites, if anything this war has shown there are still way to many in the world of all stripes.

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
And round and round we go. Just like Afghanistan and Iraq. Terrorism is a royal bastard to eliminate.
Terrorism is a law enforcement problem. It cannot flourish on the scale of Hamas (or Isis, or Al Qaeda) without the local population and government being complicit in its operations.

If the people of Palestine wanted Hamas to be gone, they'd be gone.

When you understand that, you understand the basis of Israel's scorched earth strategy toward Palestine.

Last edited:

Average Monke

A primate with internet access
Imagine if we took away many of the rights of a minority group in the US and forced them to live in a specific state.
We did. They were called Native Americans and we sent them to live on reservations. To a lesser extent, there was also the internment of Japanese Americans during WWII.

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
Fuck ALL anti-Semites, if anything this war has shown there are still way to many in the world of all stripes.
Yeah, I really don’t understand where it comes from. Seems to run on both sides of the political aisle too, although I saw more antisemitic attitudes when I lived in the northeast than I have living in other regions of the US.

Status
Not open for further replies.