• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

War in Israel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Average Monke

A primate with internet access
All this talk about the Houthis begs the question, what they hell is going on with the civil war in Yemen? Where has Saudi Arabia been these past weeks?

Mirage

pilot
Why would anyone provide for their own security, or for that of their cargo ships shipping oil all over the world as their only source of income and stability, when American politicians are always happy to take out loans and do it for them? Saudi's have better things to spend their money on... like manipulating the oil market to extract more money from us so they can forego an income tax and give universal basic income to their people, while publicly beheading or stoning people for crimes like homosexuality, adultery, blasphemy, smuggling drugs, witchcraft, and sorcery.

Just one more of the awesome allies we give billions of our taxpayer's dollars to each year.

BigRed389

None
Why would anyone provide for their own security, or for that of their cargo ships shipping oil all over the world as their only source of income and stability, when American politicians are always happy to take out loans and do it for them? Saudi's have better things to spend their money on... like manipulating the oil market to extract more money from us so they can forego an income tax and give universal basic income to their people, while publicly beheading or stoning people for crimes like homosexuality, adultery, blasphemy, smuggling drugs, witchcraft, and sorcery.

Just one more of the awesome allies we give billions of our taxpayer's dollars to each year.
To be fair, I don’t think lack of money spent on their military is the real problem with the Saudis.

I don’t know any of the real details of what’s been going on in the Saudi Houthi war, but their inability to make any progress is hardly surprising to anybody who’s worked with them or the other Gulf Coast states. For a variety of reasons…other than spending money.

Doesn’t change the original question though of WTF they’re actually doing over there, how we should (or shouldn’t) factor them into plans for dealing with this latest problem, Saudi/Arab and Iran relations, etc.

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
Ward gives a nice, maritime focused update - first I have heard that there was a "WTI" for SWOs! Cool.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
first I have heard that there was a "WTI" for SWOs!

One of the guys that's a regular at the 2-Gun competition I shoot at and is part of our regular squad is a SWO WTI. He's a good dude, but I always chuckle a little when he uses aviation WTI terms for tactical SWO stuff.

FLGUY

“Technique only”
pilot
Contributor
One of the guys that's a regular at the 2-Gun competition I shoot at and is part of our regular squad is a SWO WTI. He's a good dude, but I always chuckle a little when he uses aviation WTI terms for tactical SWO stuff.

I bet he tried to wear a flight suit too, with…. -gasp- Black boots! Heresy of the highest order if so.

Status
Not open for further replies.