• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

War in Israel

Status
Not open for further replies.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I think multiple complex questions arise such as:

1. What is a nation supposed to do when it’s people have experienced multiple genocidal and extraction-level events throughout recorded history and how should it respond when faced with a group that once again wishes to exterminate them and rejects their peace offerings?

2. What is a reasonable expectation for a group of people who have been subjugated to military occupation and/or a terrorist regime in power?

I certainly don’t know a good answer to either.
The problem is that the answer can’t be “they can do whatever the F they want” or “they just have to roll over and take it,” yet any answer more nuanced than these two gets you screamed at by one side or the other.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I would think
Yeah, your instincts on politics and world affairs haven't exactly been rock solid, have they? Based on some of your posting on this site, you're basically operating at a 4th grade level of understanding.

robav8r

None
Contributor
Does anyone have a good book recommendation on the history of the geography and region. Not looking to go back as far as Jesus, but genuinely wanting to understand the area more broadly. Thanks . . . .

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I don't know enough about that. I know that many conservatives say the notion that Reagan was suffering mentally near the end of his administration is more a discredited myth, not fact, but I don't know the details as I haven't researched that in depth.
Oh, but that hasn't stopped you from throwing President Biden under the mental acuity bus, now, has it. At least be consistent.

number9

Contributor
In terms of gaffes, I'd think no. But I'm pretty sure Trump hasn't had any problems with struggling to speak as far as I remember.
Former President Trump's interviews and speeches were regularly and hilariously incoherent word-salad ramblings. That you didn't see them (or that Sky or Fox News didn't show them) doesn't mean they didn't happen.

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
There are plenty of legitimate critiques of Biden and his administration, and yes he gaffes more than any other president I’ve ever seen and yes it is embarrassing, but try to use more objective sources when presenting your critiques.
bush.jpeg

Randy Daytona

Cold War Relic
pilot
Super Moderator
Life in the echo chamber.
From the left wing The Guardian

In their survey answers, highly educated Republicans were no more accurate in their ideas about Democratic opinion than poorly educated Republicans. For Democrats, the education effect was even worse: the more educated a Democrat is, according to the study, the less he or she understands the Republican worldview.

“This effect,” the report says, “is so strong that Democrats without a high school diploma are three times more accurate than those with a postgraduate degree.” And the more politically engaged a person is, the greater the distortion.

IRfly

None
Does anyone have a good book recommendation on the history of the geography and region. Not looking to go back as far as Jesus, but genuinely wanting to understand the area more broadly. Thanks . . . .
Start with Dr. Benny Morris of Beer Sheva University. Meticulously researched and documented the events around the formation of the State of Israel. Several books focusing on different aspects.

BattlingTrain

SNA Pro-Rec Y
Circling back to the war, do y'all think today is more significant than currently being reported? BBC and other news network have not been able to get in contact with any of their sources in Gaza for hours. The main ISP is reporting a complete outage. Not saying it's definitely the beginning of the ground assault, but a combined cyber attack and jamming of signals is what you'd expect to see if the assault were to begin.

But at the same time I haven't seen anything significant reported and in 2023 its hard to believe that no word would get out.
Still think I called it first

Random8145

Yeah, your instincts on politics and world affairs haven't exactly been rock solid, have they? Based on some of your posting on this site, you're basically operating at a 4th grade level of understanding.
Actually, I'd say my instincts on them have been pretty rock solid. For example I suspected Biden would win the presidency and I also suspected came GOP would under perform in the midterms.
Oh, but that hasn't stopped you from throwing President Biden under the mental acuity bus, now, has it. At least be consistent.
What is your point here? I was a tot while Reagan was in office, so I didn't see him as President. I on the other hand can very easily see Biden. I remember Biden VERY clearly from the past and he (to me) has clearly suffered a mental decline, so I am very suspect that he's the actual one calling the shots.

Random8145

Former President Trump's interviews and speeches were regularly and hilariously incoherent word-salad ramblings. That you didn't see them (or that Sky or Fox News didn't show them) doesn't mean they didn't happen.
Not like Biden's. Trump has his version of word salad, yes, but not where you'd question his mental acuity. He just more comes across as a loud mouthed blabbering moron.

Status
Not open for further replies.