• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

War in Israel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Random8145

No, he's not the brains behind the strategy. I'm not sure you understand how the Executive branch works.
I would think the President has input into the strategy. They don't just say to their subordinates, "Make me up a strategy to follow." For example, the plan to pull forces out of Germany was clearly a strategy of Trump's.

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
I would think the President has input into the strategy. They don't just say to their subordinates, "Make me up a strategy to follow." For example, the plan to pull forces out of Germany was clearly a strategy of Trump's
It was a strategy of the Trump administration. The distinction is important because it comes from the Office of the Secretary of Defense working with the service chiefs.

JTS11

pilot
Contributor
I would think the President has input into the strategy. They don't just say to their subordinates, "Make me up a strategy to follow." For example, the plan to pull forces out of Germany was clearly a strategy of Trump's.
Was it really a strategy, or just a certain someone saying crazy shit off the cuff? And then causing the whole national security and diplomatic leadership to try to clean up the mess...that's not leadership.

180614-trump-salute-screengrab-1160 (1).png

Random8145

Let's be honest, Reagan was WAY more affected by age than Biden is now.
I don't know enough about that. I know that many conservatives say the notion that Reagan was suffering mentally near the end of his administration is more a discredited myth, not fact, but I don't know the details as I haven't researched that in depth. However, let's give your position the benefit of the doubt and say it's correct----what does that have to do with Biden? I'm not saying Biden's policies are bad (I think his handling of Ukraine and Israel have both been very good thus far), just I don't buy that he's very cognizant.

Random8145

Biden comes across as more "in charge" than Bush 43, who let his cabinet run amok (to the detriment of the United States).

Yeah, sometimes he doesn't appear the best in front of a camera, but that doesn't mean anything in regards to how the government is or isn't functioning. Biden has had clear policy objectives and has mostly achieved them, even when facing staunch opposition. Whether you agree with him or not, you can't deny he has been a very effective President... meaning, he has been able to institute most of his platform objectives.
I would not say he has been a very effective President, in fact I'd say he has been an awful President in multiple ways, but on foreign policy I think he's been pretty good.
And I'll say that when it comes to Russia and Palestine getting froggy... it helps that this man has over 50 years of experience in DC politics to draw upon. We've seen the situation in Ukraine before, except it was Afghanistan. And we've seen the situation in Israel / Palestine many, many times before. We're executing a playbook that's older than most people reading these forums.
I don't see how political experience will really help with foreign policy.
No President is. He says something broad like "I want to support Ukraine economically to prevent a Russian takeover, but I'm not going to commit forces." Then his cabinet and service chiefs take that for action and present a plan within those bounds.
Yes, and that's how I'd think it works. But I don't believe he's really cognizant enough to even really be doing thr first part.

Random8145

It was a strategy of the Trump administration. The distinction is important because it comes from the Office of the Secretary of Defense working with the service chiefs.
You think Donald Trump didn't have input there, that it was primarily just his Secretary of Defense?

JTS11

pilot
Contributor
I don't know enough about that. I know that many conservatives say the notion that Reagan was suffering mentally near the end of his administration is more a discredited myth, not fact, but I don't know the details as I haven't researched that in depth. However, let's give your position the benefit of the doubt and say it's correct----what does that have to do with Biden? I'm not saying Biden's policies are bad (I think his handling of Ukraine and Israel have both been very good thus far), just I don't buy that he's very cognizant.
You're obviously trolling now. Hopefully, that's the explanation for this post.

FLGUY

“Technique only”
pilot
Contributor
LINK 1
LINK 2
LINK 3
LINK 4
LINK 5

I remember Joe Biden as VP and he didn't fumble like this.
Dude, I’m about as Conservative as they come, but using Sky News Australia as your data point is the right wing version of pointing to the Atlantic or the Guardian as an objective critique of Trump.

There are plenty of legitimate critiques of Biden and his administration, and yes he gaffes more than any other president I’ve ever seen and yes it is embarrassing, but try to use more objective sources when presenting your critiques.

Status
Not open for further replies.