• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

War in Israel

Status
Not open for further replies.

JTS11

pilot
Contributor
The Fed kept QE and 0% rates going for over a year after the economy was fully reopened and everyone was at work. That, on top of the ludicrous overspending by Congress, is why we are now facing huge inflation and high interest rates. It was easily predictable, and many did so, myself included.

School boards is less objective and more opinion, and explaining my stance risks derailing the thread... So I won't. Suffice it to say that one need not be a conspiracy theorist to see a lack of reason and common sense in many school boards.
Fair enough. I'll disengage for now.

On another note, right now on CNN I'm listening to a retired Army 3-star talking about Hamas having access to shoulder fired SA-6's and SA-9's.

I've been out of the game for awhile, but I don't think those systems can be shoulder fired. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. ?

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
For all we can say negative about Russia, at least they're not like "hey, if you don't leave this area in 24 hours we're going to treat every human being in it as the enemy and kill them."
The Russians are brutal, and they are doing exactly that- and worse- in Ukraine. Mauripol alone has had more than 1/3 of its population wiped out. That was a city of half a million before the Russian invasion.

Last edited:

WhiskeySierra6

pilot

On another note, right now on CNN I'm listening to a retired Army 3-star talking about Hamas having access to shoulder fired SA-6's and SA-9's.

I've been out of the game for awhile, but I don't think those systems can be shoulder fired. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. ?
2P25_VS_2.jpg
SA-6 TEL...you be the judge.

Hotdogs

I don’t care if I hurt your feelings
pilot
The Fed kept QE and 0% rates going for over a year after the economy was fully reopened and everyone was at work. That, on top of the ludicrous overspending by Congress, is why we are now facing huge inflation and high interest rates. It was easily predictable, and many did so, myself included.

It’s easy to fall victim to current zeitgeist, but inflationary pressures are much more nuanced than the typical and often uninformed comments/opinions (including our own elected leaders). The macroeconomic factors impacting inflation have way more to do labor, finance, and supply than spending. Japan (High debt to GDP, >250%) vs Argentina (modest debt to GDP, ~80%) is a great example with wildly different outcomes in inflation percentages and devalued currencies.

Not an economic guru, but I tend to roll my eyes at the typical suspect talking points. Interest rate raises are design to target growth areas that impact inflation - not reign in dollar supply.

HSMPBR

Not a misfit toy
pilot
Hence why I used the term Total War.

Is it possible that Israel considers this Total War and has justified such deaths?
It’s harder to say you’re using Bush Doctrine when the exits are sealed…

This has similarities to Fallujah, but bigger and potentially much worse.

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
For the sake of argument, could Israel be using a similar logic to why we used the nuke on Japan?

Aka, Total War?
International law has changed since WWII. "Total War" is against international law.

While Hamas or Israel might not particularly care about that, as an international policy we have generally stood on the side that international law and laws of armed conflict should be followed.

Odominable

PILOT HMSD TRACK FAIL
pilot

Sounds like someone’s missing upper body day. Those ammo can lifts aren’t just for show baby!

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
International law has changed since WWII. "Total War" is against international law.

While Hamas or Israel might not particularly care about that, as an international policy we have generally stood on the side that international law and laws of armed conflict should be followed.
I agree with your statement, however you’re referencing it from our point of view. Trying to look at it from an Israeli point of view, I honestly think they don’t care about international law.

Mirage

pilot
I agree with your statement, however you’re referencing it from our point of view. Trying to look at it from an Israeli point of view, I honestly think they don’t care about international law.
Exactly. "International Law" is a complete misnomer. They're more like "international suggestions"... Suggestions countries disregard unless it is convenient or they really think a more powerful country will do something about it, which is extremely rare. Israeli leaders will only care about "international law" to the point that they don't want to piss off their electorate or their enablers (us).

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.

Exactly. "International Law" is a complete misnomer. They're more like "international suggestions"... Suggestions countries disregard unless it is convenient or they really think a more powerful country will do something about it, which is extremely rare. Israeli leaders will only care about "international law" to the point that they don't want to piss off their electorate or their enablers (us).
Yes, I'm referencing "our point of view" since in context, my original comment is "Israel is proving the hawks why it was wise not to enter the conflict."

Our international messaging is that we stand for the rule of law. It was the justification for Iraq and is the punch line for our foreign policy with Russia and China. Had we entered the conflict a week ago, we'd now be stuck supporting a scorched earth strategy that has dubious ethical grounds, which may or may not motivate other Islamic states to take a stronger stance on the conflict. And whether you or I like it or not, realpolitik is that we do business with Islamic countries. Right now we're just the gorilla in the backyard saying "stay out of this, this ain't your show," and that gives us an out if Israel gets too squirrely wrt human rights violations... and they probably will because Arabs gonna Arab.

You might think those tactics are justified, but the United States of America doesn't.

Last edited:

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor

Man, that would have been a great over-the-top scene for Arnold Schwarzenegger in an 80s action movie . . . but no one ever did it.

Status
Not open for further replies.