• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

War in Israel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Random8145

Saw this picture on Facebook while I was sitting in my hotel room waiting to figure out how I was getting back to the ship that was no longer pulling into the place I was sent to be Senior Shore Patrol.

A surprising number of rubes screaming in the comments to "take that damn Ukrainian flag of their U.S. aircraft carrier!"

Like bruh...that's the Ford's battle flag. Ukraine doesn't own the colors blue and gold....
The flag is also upside down as the Ukrainian flag.

Random8145

For all we can say negative about Russia, at least they're not like "hey, if you don't leave this area in 24 hours we're going to treat every human being in it as the enemy and kill them."
Yes they are. They've artillery bombarded the daylights out of Ukrainian cities, indiscriminately killing people left and right,, and their forces have engaged in some brutal killings and torture of Ukrainians. The only reason they aren't doing it to the degree the Israelis might is due to the lack of capability on their part.

Random8145

Fuck off dude. I’m pretty supportive of Israel’s right to defense, but advocating bombing a million innocent people is beyond unethical, especially when you consider every avenue of escape is closed off to the general population.

Israel has the right to respond to Hamas and threats to their people, but what they very well may spiral into in the next week is going to be brutal and a humanitarian disaster.
I don't think Netanyahu wants to risk losing support globally or from the administration, and killing a huge number of innocents could risk that, so hopefully they end up being more restrained in that sense.

JTS11

pilot
Contributor
This IS bizarre. There are clowns on both sides of the aisle. Rep. Rashida Talib(D-MI) displaying a Palestinian flag outside her office is disgraceful after the Hamas massacre of Israelis.

Rep. Brian Mast(R-FL) showing up to press conferences and TV interviews in an IDF uniform is equally reprehensible. As the poster notes, he's not Jewish, not a dual citizen, never 'served' in the IDF, and it's also obviously unbecoming for an American public official to wear the uniform of another country.

We might as well get ready for a POTUS Kim Kardashian at this point with the state of our politics...

Random8145

Rep. Brian Mast(R-FL) showing up to press conferences and TV interviews in an IDF uniform is equally reprehensible. As the poster notes, he's not Jewish, not a dual citizen, never 'served' in the IDF, and it's also obviously unbecoming for an American public official to wear the uniform of another country.
Good grief??

JTS11

pilot
Contributor
For all we can say negative about Russia, at least they're not like "hey, if you don't leave this area in 24 hours we're going to treat every human being in it as the enemy and kill them."
That's not what Israel has said...

Plus your analogy is severely lacking. Ukraine is trying to liberate its sovereign territory. And every Russian troop inside it deserves zero warning. UKR is not indiscriminately shelling civilians, unlike RUS.

Mirage

pilot
My thoughts on the American political landscape of late:

I swear, COVID did something to people's brains or something. Ever since then I feel like toddlers must be in charge of everything from our military to the Fed to school boards and of course Congress and the White House. Reason is so hard for our leaders now it seems.

JTS11

pilot
Contributor
I swear, COVID did something to people's brains or something. Ever since then I feel like toddlers must be in charge of everything from our military to the Fed to school boards and of course Congress and the White House. Reason is so hard for our leaders now it seems.
Can you flesh that out a little WRT the Fed, school boards, etc? I don't understand your point, as far as monetary policy goes...as well as school boards...

Is this like a moral panic going on?

Subliminal messages in 80's heavy metal albums played backwards comes to mind. Should probably get Tipper Gore on it.

Randy Daytona

Cold War Relic
pilot
Super Moderator

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
We used nukes on Japan so that we could beat the Russians to invastion.

This is history 101.
I’m aware of the history, but you missed my point. I could use Lemay’s firebombing campaign instead of the nuke, but the end is the same; absolute death of every man, woman, and child.

Hence why I used the term Total War.

Is it possible that Israel considers this Total War and has justified such deaths?

Mirage

pilot
Can you flesh that out a little WRT the Fed, school boards, etc? I don't understand your point, as far as monetary policy goes...as well as school boards...

Is this like a moral panic going on?

Subliminal messages in 80's heavy metal albums played backwards comes to mind. Should probably get Tipper Gore on it.
The Fed kept QE and 0% rates going for over a year after the economy was fully reopened and everyone was at work. That, on top of the ludicrous overspending by Congress, is why we are now facing huge inflation and high interest rates. It was easily predictable, and many did so, myself included.

School boards is less objective and more opinion, and explaining my stance risks derailing the thread... So I won't. Suffice it to say that one need not be a conspiracy theorist to see a lack of reason and common sense in many school boards.

Status
Not open for further replies.